PDA

View Full Version : Macs and wasting time...

teabgs
May 8, 2002, 03:57 PM
OK, we're all guilty of it. In fact the majority of you that are reading this are just wasting some time until you have to/will do something else.

I'm wondering how (besides macrumors) you use your macs to waste time?

I check my email every 5 minutes, play Eric Solitare Sampler :p clean my desktop, read about apple products, and do just about any other little thing I can do to waste time on my mac!

When I get my new tower this summer I'll waste time by using Maya and Final Cut all the time...until then, the little stuff will have to do

mischief
May 8, 2002, 04:01 PM
You get the most recent time wastings?

LimeiBook86
May 8, 2002, 04:01 PM
I have a Key Lime iBook and I go on eBay and look at stuff I either can't afford or things that I don't want or need. Now thats wasting time!:rolleyes:

Backtothemac
May 8, 2002, 04:04 PM
Besides Macrumors, I am collecting Wallpapers. I am going to burn them all to CD when complete, and mail them to some friends. About 10 other sites hourly, and still find time to get my work done. :-)

teabgs
May 8, 2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by mischief
You get the most recent time wastings?

I'm wasting time right now! I have an hour until I have to leave to catch a train. I was packing my stuff but am done, and I dont feel like sitting @ Penn Station for 2 1/2 hours :rolleyes:

I shouldnt really be on the computer now anyway...Tendonitis: my therapist would not approve :p Oh, well...I wont be online very much for the next 6 days so I'll only be here to see if anything is happening and I most likely wont be able to post.

Enough wasting time...I have more threads to read...

jelloshotsrule
May 8, 2002, 04:10 PM
teabgs: you're getting maya? or you have the PLE?

i used to use instant messengers a lot. i got away from that and onto this.... oh well.

i put off nearly everything i have to do for school until the night before. i am a sad piece of crap. and yet nothing changes...

i like to mess around in studio artist, fcp, etc. i also somewhat enjoy cleaning up my hard drive... organizing and such. doesn't mean i'm good at it, but it's kinda fun...

whfsdude
May 8, 2002, 04:13 PM
I dirty a thousands of little mes on socks. I also spend my time pissing off Mr. DEA. After that it's time for more masturbation. After that carracho then listen to some good loveline.

Dr. Drew & Adam are my gods :P

GOOD TIMES!!!!!

Ekk anal omen :D

eyelikeart
May 8, 2002, 04:18 PM
well there's macrumors at the top of my list...he he he...

then I have AIM going all day long....so I'm almost always talking to at least one person at any given time...

I check my email about 2 dozen times a day while at work...

then there's the games on Yahoo! & Shockwave...I've actually gotten the boss & company into those a hell of a lot...he he he ;)

teabgs
May 8, 2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
teabgs: you're getting maya? or you have the PLE?

Well, I'm getting it...though not legally. So, yeah....:D Actually I have a copy already but I dont know if it works since it wont run on a 6500...

jelloshotsrule
May 8, 2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by teabgs

Well, I'm getting it...though not legally. So, yeah....:D Actually I have a copy already but I dont know if it works since it wont run on a 6500...

ahh, that explains it... is it 3.5 or a more recent version like 3.5.1 or something...?

Rower_CPU
May 8, 2002, 04:50 PM
Checking all the Mac news sites...and the occasional PC site...

Wasting time helping people use computers they should never be allowed to use in the first place...

Bureaucratic BS for getting purchase orders or work orders...

Going to classes to finish my BA...stupid CA history requirement

rainman::|:|
May 8, 2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by whfsdude
I dirty a thousands of little mes on socks. I also spend my time pissing off Mr. DEA. After that it's time for more masturbation. After that carracho then listen to some good loveline.

You go boy. i've had a few days like that myself...

:)
pnw

Mr. Anderson
May 8, 2002, 05:09 PM
Mac Rumors sucks most of my time lately, but I'll still play a game or two. Surfing in general on the news sites in the morning when I get in to see what's going on in the world. Nothing too exciting, sorry.

cb911
May 8, 2002, 05:18 PM
hey, Backtothemac i collect wallpapers as well! how many do you have? i've got 260 so far, but i don't get all of the ones that i find, only the good ones.

Macmaniac
May 8, 2002, 07:32 PM
Macrumors sucks up a good 2 and a half hours of my life everyday. Then there is school:( Then a good hour on starcraft and EV Nova inbetween.

macstudent
May 8, 2002, 08:09 PM
I should be working on my final project that is due on Tues (redesign the audio cd for pulp fiction), but here I am surfing the forums of macrumors.

I really need to unplug my internet connection until the semester is over.

jefhatfield
May 8, 2002, 08:24 PM
if unpaid time is wasting time, then i do two things...i teach for free to senior citizens and i am a volunteer social worker for herion addicts and other drug users...but those things are worthwhile, so it is not a waste of time

macrumors is a waste of time, but sometimes i need that with such a heavy dose of reality;)

Beej
May 8, 2002, 08:34 PM
I waste most of my time here, I also waste a lot of time organising my MP3s. I play a game now and then, too.

Backtothemac
May 8, 2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by cb911
hey, Backtothemac i collect wallpapers as well! how many do you have? i've got 260 so far, but i don't get all of the ones that i find, only the good ones.

Right now over 300. All are high quality and all are the same thing.

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies :p

Actually I have some cool wallpapers made from WinAmp Screenshots, and all of the great ones from Rampant Mac. Also almost all of Maury's from Railhead.:D Send me your address. I will burn them and send them to you.

mymemory
May 8, 2002, 09:19 PM
Well, I like to be here, is a sort of cultural exchange and practicing my english with having fun.

I spend a lot of time searching for things in Hotline too. I spend time in VJ forums but not even the shadow of the time I spend here.

And of course, working as a cyber-anti-revolutionary against my government and sending e-mail back and foward related with politics.

macfreek57
May 8, 2002, 11:15 PM
i waste the most time downloading stuff from the internet:
desktops
X icons
screensavers
shareware games and programs
snes and genesis ROMs
and sometimes hardware pics from apple.com:D

i also waste time going through every file in my system folder, opening it in textedit and seing if i can modify it

mac15
May 8, 2002, 11:59 PM
I waste to much time at macrumors
at gameranger, in pitbull and playing around with OS X
Well I would call it wasting time
It's just fun

Ludicrosity
May 9, 2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
if unpaid time is wasting time, then i do two things...i teach for free to senior citizens and i am a volunteer social worker for herion addicts and other drug users

Are you being serious? If so then good for you :). Where do you go to find information on how to help out in that? Maybe something I might look into getting into.

Macette
May 9, 2002, 01:30 AM
i have my entourage set to check mail every 10 minutes... but i rarely get through ten whole minutes without Apple-K anyway.

then there's a list of sites i rotate through:
macrumors
macauction.com.au
iconfactory
buffyworld (for those MP3s!)
apple.com.au
apple.com
ipodlounge
ipoding
everythingipod

just to keep abreast of all the wild speculation out there...

then i nortons everything (pretty colours)
see if there's a few files i can trash
rename my hard drives (then update all my local websites to reflect the change...)
file my emails

donwload a few more CDs to my harddrive, then update my ipod

OMG, goodbye day.

macette

jefhatfield
May 9, 2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Ludicrosity

Are you being serious? If so then good for you :). Where do you go to find information on how to help out in that? Maybe something I might look into getting into.

for helping iv drug users, i belong to a group called the community health outreach workers which is a part of the monterey county aids project where there is an organization like that in every major city...we happen to be a rather small town but somehow there is an agency there

as for working with senior citizens, monterey county has a lot of retired people so the local pc club is all old people with three or four exceptions and i teach networking there

teabgs
May 9, 2002, 10:35 AM
Jello its 3.5, I can give it to you if you want...will you still be @ school on the 13th? thats when I get back.

I think Mymemory wins with the whole cyber hacking stuff. GOOD FOR YOU! not that this is a competition....Dont give up man...fight the power