Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
OK I have called you here to tell you of my "project" I have a Apple PowerCD Audio CD player. Now I bought this item on ebay and didn't know much about it. I bought the item thinking that all i needed was a universial power adaptor and I could use it. But after I won the auction I noticed that you need a "base" for the PowerCD. The base has a place for six AA batteris and a AC port plus a Ultra wide SCSI port, this make the SCSI CD-ROM or Audio CD drive work with out pluging into the wall. The problem is that the only ports on the PowerCD Unit (not the base) is a Speaker port, headphone port, a A/V out port (for photo cds) and a MALE SCSI port. I need to power this thing. I have a device from radio shack that holds the batteries but I need a way to power it. YOU have to power it through the SCSI port there is no other way! I need help on this. PLEASE MAC USERS HELP ME!!!!! Does anyone else have a PowerCD!?!?:confused:

D0ct0rteeth

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2002
Franklin, TN
Im doing some branding/marketing for a high end home audio joint,

They are always taking apart McIntosh amps and Krell CD players.... they can fix anything and are would probably be able to fix this... no promises but if you wanted to ship it over here i'll have them take a look at it and see what they could do...

send me an email if your interrested

C-

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
your best bet is someone to customize a power source, since the adaptor usually runs through the base. I'd imagine the schematics exist somewhere on the 'net for what pin does what, etc on the scsi connection...

a word for the wise tho... find a base on ebay or something, you'll like the whole thing more :)

pnw

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Go to the Mac Collectors forum, Blakespot has bought 4 of them recently and 2 didn't work, he might have some 'spare' parts that you could use.

Good luck:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.