Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I'd really like to wait and see if a upgraded iPod comes out, but the fact remains that we might all be waiting a while.

So in the mean time, as a mac user, what is the best all round PDA - I'd need it for keeping track of addresses/email accounts/schedules mostly....

Thanks,

D

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
I really like the Palm Tungsten series. I used to own a Tungsten T and was very happy with it. If you want something affordable, but still very cool, I'd check out the Palm Tungsten E. It's got an excellent screen, 32 MB RAM, can play MP3's, and will do all the organization you need. If you want to spend more ;), there is always the Tungsten T3, which is got a bigger screen and faster processor. In my experience, Palms work very well with Macs. Mine synced perfectly with Address Book and iCal.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I agree that you can't go wrong with Palm. My wife loves hers. She uses it to keep track of schedules, medical information, and drug updates. It works seemlessly with the Mac. They have a cradle that is used to hot sync information to the Mac so you can view all your information on the desktop. There's a lot of softwar available. Now they also have bluetooth available.

http://www.palm.com/home.html

madru

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2003
Wa
Any palm will be a good choice. Go to your local store and play with each. Get the one that fits your bill. I have palm zire 71. It's the best pda I've ever owned. It strikes good balance between features and price. (previous pdas are: palm II, sony clie, HP pocketpc).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.