Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wolfie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
hello all, i got the 1.8 64ssd version of the air, and while its not used for ay form of gaming, i would like to put on some time wasters on it such as the sims 2, or any form of simulation/ strategy, city building game.

anyone have any idea or tested if sims2 can run on my laptop without too much choppyness?
thanks

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
I thought the retail box said "not for integrated graphics cards", but I could be wrong.

msheldrick

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2008
Sims 2 runs fine on my MB but that was in windows so it may, if you have it you could just try and see

hello all, i got the 1.8 64ssd version of the air, and while its not used for ay form of gaming, i would like to put on some time wasters on it such as the sims 2, or any form of simulation/ strategy, city building game.

anyone have any idea or tested if sims2 can run on my laptop without too much choppyness?
thanks

My Macbook can't run it (in real time), so I really wouldn't suggest it, but hey, uve got quadruple my RAM. Give it a go, or ask Apple.

nintendude

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2008
NY
One of the games that work w/ Macbook in another forum said that Sims 2 ran fine under Bootcamp w/ XP @ low settings

wolfie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
update, i bought both the sims 2 and sims life stories ( apprently designed for laptops ) under mac format.
both games ran fine, not much difference in performance between the two, its a little laggy when moving about screens but certainly not a factor that makes it a annoying unplayable game.

i havent tested it yet with some 20 odd sims in the house, but so far up to 5 ran fine on both games.

for those interested, hopefully this helps, not sure how itll perform on the slightly lower mac air model, but for this machine its a consideration to kill time like i waned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.