Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeonTV

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
Is there an app that will close all other apps running in the background? I know I can hold the home button for 5 secs and it will close the app I'm in but sometimes I loose track of what apps I'm running. All those open apps drain the battery you know.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
Mobile OS X by default quits any app you are in if you go the home screen. The only background processes that run are, in case of the iPod touch, Mail checking when you're on WiFi and the iPod if you're listening to music and doing other things (and other miscellaneous system things, like the WiFi scanning, etc.). Everything else quits as soon as you go back to the home screen.

MikeonTV

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
hmmm ok...thanks for the update. I am still concerned when I re-enter installer and I'm taken straight to sources.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
This is because applications for the iPhone/iPod touch are meant to save their state, so that when you re-enter them it's as if you never left.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
What he said.

Also, installer caches the things for 1 day (refresh source automatically only 1 day after last refresh, instead of refresh every time you open to save time and bandwidth).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.