PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket DVD-R G4 iBooks

MacBytes
Nov 17, 2003, 08:53 PM
Category: 3rd Party Hardware
Link: Aftermarket DVD-R G4 iBooks (http://www.apple-zone.com)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

redAPPLE
Nov 18, 2003, 01:22 AM
what i like to know is, what is the minimum requirement to be able to burn dvds.

naturally, one needs a computer, software and a dvd burner.

but what would i need, to burn "happily". i mean, i want to burn dvds and not wait overnight to have one burned.

what's with the l2 and l3 cache? is this important? what about RAM? if my dvd burner can burn 4x, is RAM important?

if i screw in a pioneer dvr-a05 in a 400 mhz g4, would it work with dvd studio pro or iDvd?

dracoleb
Nov 18, 2003, 01:05 PM
Now they just have to offer upgrades, add some features to my outstanding iBook G4

sparkleytone
Nov 18, 2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by redAPPLE
what i like to know is, what is the minimum requirement to be able to burn dvds.

naturally, one needs a computer, software and a dvd burner.

but what would i need, to burn "happily". i mean, i want to burn dvds and not wait overnight to have one burned.

what's with the l2 and l3 cache? is this important? what about RAM? if my dvd burner can burn 4x, is RAM important?

if i screw in a pioneer dvr-a05 in a 400 mhz g4, would it work with dvd studio pro or iDvd?

i have burned DVDs at full 4x speed on my iBook 600. burning DVD's isn't the issue. The issue is using the power of iDVD and DVDSP to render things and put them in the proper format.

redAPPLE
Nov 19, 2003, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by sparkleytone
i have burned DVDs at full 4x speed on my iBook 600. burning DVD's isn't the issue. The issue is using the power of iDVD and DVDSP to render things and put them in the proper format.

an iBook 600 does not have a superdrive. what kind of external drive are you using? did you burn with iDvd or DVDSP?

Sun Baked
Nov 19, 2003, 06:04 AM
Sort of interesting, includes DVD-RAM.