PDA

View Full Version : iMac Bondi Blue 233 for sale

DannyZR2
May 8, 2002, 07:19 PM
233Mhz
256 MB Ram (128 and 128)
CD-ROM
6MB video SGRAM
upgraded from 4GB to 30GB hard drive 7200RPM WD.. (very nice)
mouse/keyboard
original software CD's
original package/box

TiMacLover
May 11, 2002, 12:06 PM
How much?

DannyZR2
Jun 15, 2002, 09:24 AM
It's on ebay now... I want at least $350 or $400 for it.. since that's what others have been bringing. (with less upgrades than I've got)

We'll see how she does on the ol' auction block!:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2032339128

jefhatfield
Jul 2, 2002, 10:59 AM
since this was the machine that saved apple, i wonder if it will be worth something in a few years

i know the apple IIe made apple in the first place, and they don't bring in big bucks

what was great about the bondi blue 233 imac is that in a last minute decision, a 56k modem was put in instead of a 33.6k modem

for dialup, we are still at 56k...33.6k would be unusable in today's environment

so $360 was a good price and for modest needs, that person got a good deal in my humble opinion

DannyZR2
Jul 2, 2002, 11:11 AM
Funny thing mr. hat... The moron backed out saying he couldn't use the computer.. (after bidding and winning it)

so I relisted it and sold it for $455!!!! How bout that!

I just shipped it off today after getting my money order for $504! (extra for shipping)..

not a bad deal!

I'm satisfied and actually glad the first moron backed out.. even though he left ME bad feedback!

jefhatfield
Jul 2, 2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by DannyZR2
Funny thing mr. hat... The moron backed out saying he couldn't use the computer.. (after bidding and winning it)

so I relisted it and sold it for $455!!!! How bout that!

I just shipped it off today after getting my money order for $504! (extra for shipping)..

not a bad deal!

I'm satisfied and actually glad the first moron backed out.. even though he left ME bad feedback!

wow, you got three and a half years out of the machine and now, if you add 300, you can get a new crt imac (that is, if you want one...but i am sure you have moved on to bigger and better things)

i am still considering something modest like a crt imac or crt emac since my needs are more modest than anybody's that i have ever seen on macrumors

the biggest thing i would ever do is light photoshop stuff and the games that come with a mac...i am not sure which thing would use more computing firepower

with photoshop, i am literally talking about just modifying photographs with no filters or such

if i created a need for computing horesepower, it would be just for fun but i don't have that much time since what free time i have, i put into these forums

at least, some of the knowledge i gain here, i can use for my computer repair business and it will help give me a better computing knowledge base for me to eventually open shop