PDA

View Full Version : Dell 2007 WFP and G4 FW800 issue

Sorkvild
May 3, 2008, 10:19 AM
This just started yesterday and it has occurred an additional 3 or 4 times now. Several pixels on my display will change to white or purple, and soon enough everything gets severely distorted. Sleeping then waking the comp brings everything back to normal, but sooner or later the problem comes back.

Does anyone know if this is a problem with the monitor or a problem with my G4? I don't have any interface haxies installed or anything, and haven't installed anything else for that matter, just Software Update stuff and updates to things like Adium and Google Earth and other common apps. The monitor is connected to the comp using VGA. I've attached a screenshot. Thanks anybody!

xraydoc
May 3, 2008, 10:28 AM
The fact you were able to take a screenshot of it rules out the monitor. I'd say bad video card - the portion of video RAM the contents of that window are in have gone bad (i.e., overheating). Make sure any fan on your card is running properly. Ultimately, you may be looking at a replacement card.

Please post a few more specifics about your machine - processor speed, amount of RAM, type of video card, etc.

Sorkvild
May 3, 2008, 12:35 PM
Thanks xraydoc. It's a G4 FW800 Mirror Drive Door, Dual 1.8 Ghz, 1.25 GB RAM and a Radeon 9800 Pro. I will see if the card's fan is working properly when I can.