Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

golfman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2008
I'm running Vista Premium on my aluminum iMac. Everything is fine but bluetooth works so much better under OS X than Windows. When I boot into OS X my wireless bluetooth mouse and keyboard can be used immediately and the iMac can be awaken from sleep by either pressing the mouse or any key on the keyboard. With Vista it takes about 30 seconds for the wireless mouse and keyboard to pair and neither the mouse or keyboard can be used to wake the iMac. Is anyone else having better luck with bluetooth in Windows than me?

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I'm running Vista Premium on my aluminum iMac. Everything is fine but bluetooth works so much better under OS X than Windows. When I boot into OS X my wireless bluetooth mouse and keyboard can be used immediately and the iMac can be awaken from sleep by either pressing the mouse or any key on the keyboard. With Vista it takes about 30 seconds for the wireless mouse and keyboard to pair and neither the mouse or keyboard can be used to wake the iMac. Is anyone else having better luck with bluetooth in Windows than me?

Be thankful it's working at all. I recently installed the update to Boot Camp (2.1), it not only killed my iSight, it also took out Blue Tooth! That was with XP SP2 not Vista though.

Presto80

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2008
hi,,,

i got problem tryin to send files from my hp to winxp in bootcamp...

always cant send but receive files from winxp is ok...

does any1 know how to solve this?

thanx

ilovebananas

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2008
england
might be obvious buy

Just checking the basics so don't be offended.

You have set the receiving machine to receive haven't you. From bluetooth icon in taskbar.
I know it is obvious but sometimes even the best forget the basics!!!!

Presto80

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2008
Just checking the basics so don't be offended.

You have set the receiving machine to receive haven't you. From bluetooth icon in taskbar.
I know it is obvious but sometimes even the best forget the basics!!!!

Hi...

I have look thru all options in the bluetooth preferences...i dont see anything that allows it to receive files..

I only saw allow other people to connect to me..its already been checked..

Can you kindly show me?

Thank You

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.