PDA

View Full Version : macbook + emac = leopard?

MacHappytjg
May 4, 2008, 10:54 AM
if i put my emac in target and installed leopard retail dvd onto the firewire drive would it work if i used my macbook to do this i have retail dvd or leopard

tersono
May 4, 2008, 10:59 AM
Why not just install it direct onto the eMac? It's within the required specs, albeit 512mb RAM isn't a lot of fun in Leopard.

MacHappytjg
May 4, 2008, 11:06 AM
Why not just install it direct onto the eMac? It's within the required specs, albeit 512mb RAM isn't a lot of fun in Leopard.

cd drive lol was a office computer before but yea i have it on now but its loosing 5gb space to nothing iunno why
so i wanna reinstall fresh and i cant find the files making this happen and well my hd iss so stuffed so its backed up and yea quite fast tho, all im asking will it work?

nigrunze
May 4, 2008, 11:48 AM
How about an external drive? Although, I think it might be a bit of of problem. Can PPC macs boot a DVD-RW drive with USB? Do Firewire DVD drives even exist?

MacHappytjg
May 4, 2008, 11:50 AM
How about an external drive? Although, I think it might be a bit of of problem. Can PPC macs boot a DVD-RW drive with USB? Do Firewire DVD drives even exist?

firewire yes i only have usb just answer me will it work ERRRRRRRRR
cause my ppc is my brothers and he wont let me use it and its 2 stores down