PDA

View Full Version : Connecting my friends Ibook on my network

blairh
May 4, 2008, 06:04 PM
My friend is visiting. She has an Ibook G4. She is having trouble connecting to my wireless network. I have a DLink Xtreme N Gigabit router. My Dell laptop has no problems obtaining and maintaining a connection.

Her Ibook recognizes my network, but in the airport screen where I can enter my password, the "ok" option is grey and therefore cannot be clicked.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

OrangeSVTguy
May 4, 2008, 06:10 PM
My friend is visiting. She has an Ibook G4. She is having trouble connecting to my wireless network. I have a DLink Xtreme N Gigabit router. My Dell laptop has no problems obtaining and maintaining a connection.

Her Ibook recognizes my network, but in the airport screen where I can enter my password, the "ok" option is grey and therefore cannot be clicked.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Do you have the b/g enabled? The ibook can't connect to a draft n wireless routers. Also are you using WEP, WPA or WPA2 wireless security? Also what OS is on your friends iBook? I think she needs at least Tiger 10.4 to join WPA encrypted networks but I'm not 100% sure about that.

blairh
May 4, 2008, 08:05 PM
thanks for your reply. i ended up figuring it out going through another screen. thanks though!