Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shtekeris

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
Multi-touch trackpad keyboard

because i just got tired of reaching after my mouse to do something and then going back to keyboard to write.
In this case, simply keep both hands on keyboard and do everything fast, and hands don't get tired. I want one... :rolleyes:
What do you think?

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Nah... It'll be a multitouch screen. People would flip without a number pad.

OS XI will do away with the mouse and keyboard, but we'll have it for years to come.

Can you imagine games without a mouse?

applemacman

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2007
Dallas, Tx.
Nah... It'll be a multitouch screen. People would flip without a number pad.

The current wireless version of the apple keyboard is without a number pad...and personally I own one and love it...even with the lack of a number pad

If this prototype keyboard where made, really doubtful, or apple offered something totally different/revolutionary they would ofer it as an upgrade or option...not a replacement

I would however bet that multi-touch screens come before a keyboard like this from apple...with all the money and brains Apple has invested with the technology that is on the iPhone I would guess it would one day find its way onto a mac laptop

just my 2 cents

timestoby

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2007
north devon,uk
i always thought apple would put out a laptop with the keyboard being a lcd screen,so it would be touch keyboard etc. maybe the same size screen as the screen itself so then you could do other things with the two screens.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
this would be so annoying to use, people forget that the notebooks have a centered trackpad, this would be such as waste, also, I could only imagine a battery life... try more of a touchscreen keyboard first...so think GIANT iPhone...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.