PDA

View Full Version : HELP Problem With ibook G4

vincenzohx
May 8, 2008, 12:05 PM
Last week I dropped my iBook G4, the hardware seems to be ok, when I turn it on it makes a start up sound than the screen flashes then the screen goes back to black. I know the screen is not broken because when I hold the power button while it boots goes into some kind of boot menu and so it is not the screen that is the problem. What do you guys think the problem may be and how can I fix it.

misterredman
May 8, 2008, 12:14 PM
Hard to tell without seeing the Ibook. Can you post pictures of it? have you tried booting from a CD? Is the battery seated in correctly? was it on when you dropped it? what kind of boot menus did you get (picture?)

OrangeSVTguy
May 8, 2008, 01:19 PM
Hopefully it wasn't on while it was dropped. The hard drive can fail so hopefully you will back everything up ASAP! A drop can dislodge or pinch anything so maybe and hopefully that is the case.

What model G4 do you have? Some of them had problems with a chip on the motherboard coming loose and not letting it boot up properly.

squeeks
May 8, 2008, 06:02 PM
What do you guys think the problem may be and how can I fix it.

having a 4 year degree in Info Tech, i can safely tell you that the problem is you dropped your macbook...

now, what resulted in that? possible the LCD connector came lose, that might be causing the problem, what exactly do you see on the screen when it flashes on?