Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I started using Aperture last month as my primary post-production/organization tool. Aperture, I note, can read albums from iPhoto. But if I want to display my photos on my Apple TV, do I have to reimport them back into iPhoto after I've imported them into Aperture? What do you think would be the best way to handle this?

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
I started using Aperture last month as my primary post-production/organization tool. Aperture, I note, can read albums from iPhoto. But if I want to display my photos on my Apple TV, do I have to reimport them back into iPhoto after I've imported them into Aperture? What do you think would be the best way to handle this?

AppleTV can see your albums in Aperture just like it does with iPhoto

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Thanks for the info. That is really good to know. Does it work like iPhoto ? How about the slideshows ?

The following is from the Apple support web site

To sync photos from a Mac or Windows PC to Apple TV using photo applications:

1. In iTunes, select the Apple TV icon in the Devices list.
  2. Click the Photos tab.
  3. Select "Sync photos from: ..."
  • On a Mac, choose iPhoto or Aperture from the pop-up menu.

The last line is the key. It looks like ATV talks to iTunes and it's iTunes that talks to either Aperture or IPhoto so the ATV does not even have to "know" if the photos came from iPhoto, Aperture or whatever.

The Apple support web site is the best place to go for questions like these. Manuals are downloadable in PDF and there is a search box too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.