Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
I'm enjoying my macbook but there is only 1 issue and its a minor one, whenever I have the external speakers plugged in everytime there is no sound playing it makes a popping noise (I guess it shuts down the sound card?) then when any sound plays it makes another popping noise to activate the sound again.

I've seen the apple support forum where many people are experiencing this and even one person mentioning that apple's next update or apple is working on the issue will fix this problem.

Another person mentioned that these were a problem in the last years model macbooks but was addressed in one of the updates from OSX Tiger.

So the real question is I guess just wait for the update to fix this issue?

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
What I want to know is if everyone has this issue on the macbook or is it just with some?

Yes I experience this also. No need to buy a Pro! However, I do not know if Apple is working on this issue. I would hope with all the people that have this issue that it's been reported to Apple. I just got my macbook recently and haven't had the time to file a bug report yet. Mainly as I hardly use external speakers, but when I do I notice this issue. Hope that helps. ;)

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
I just showed the genius the sound problem and got it exchanged for a 2.4Ghz mbp for $500 more.

I think its well worth it for the 2.4Ghz mbp, I really missed the gorgeous led screen, 256vram nvidia gpu, louder speaker, backlit keyboard, aluminum enclosure and it seems to drive my 23" ACD much faster in dual monitor mode. And I really missed the Firewire 800.. man moving around 100gb files is fast again!

Not to mention no more audio popping issue thank god! :D:D:D

myuserid08

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2008
Dont know how you managed that!
Its a well known leopard bug, the so called "genius" should have known that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.