Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SilverGlass

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
Hi,

I've had a quick look and can't seem to find the answer anywhere else, but apologies if this is a repeat.

I've set up a US iTunes Store account from the UK using a gift code and can browse and purchase... but the download won't then start. Going to :apple:TV's 'Settings' and 'Downloads' it tells me it can't check for downloads. Which is helpful.

Moving to my Mac, when I log in on the US account and try to check for downloads there it tells me the iTunes Store is 'temporarily unavailable'. However, I have no problem at all purchasing and downloading from the UK store.

Any ideas? I kinda bought the :apple:TV thinking I could access the US store (which others here seem to be able to do)... and I've put $100 into the US account and can't get anything!

Thanks in advance!

mhall

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2008
This probably isn't going to help you any but I have an Apple TV & use the US store from the UK with no problems & can buy & rent movies without any problems.
Does Everything else work like movie trailers & podcasts etc?

SilverGlass

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
Thanks for your post - it does help, it reassures me that it can work... I just need to figure out how to make it work.

Everything else works OK - music, trailers etc. It can connect to 'check for downloads' for the UK store (from which I can download video OK) just not the US.

I'm reluctant to do a factory reset as it's a 80GB transfer, but I guess I'll have to give that a go...

SilverGlass

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
OK, it works now. Deauthorising both my desktop and laptop, sync to Apple TV, then reauthroise both and sync again seemed to sort it out. I have no idea why I could buy music but not movies - surely if you're authorised for one, you're authorised for both - but that seemed to work.

Last question: for those in the UK who use the US store, do you switch between UK and US as needed (eg Heroes only on UK Store)? I'm scared to switch back to UK now and bugger it all up again!

Cheers

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
I switch all the time between the two (Shameless & Peep Show), it should be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.