PDA

View Full Version : streaming reason into logic??

dougens
May 9, 2008, 07:39 AM
can anyone help me stream reason into logic??

i do with pro tools as insert on auxillary but can't with logic?

any help thanks>....

WinterMute
May 10, 2008, 06:13 AM
ReWire is your friend, go look up the proceedure for using Reason as a ReWire slave to Logic.

I used to use Reason 3 with Protools and Logic, but haven't done so for a while, hence the lack of detail, but ReWire will stream a number of discrete audio tracks directly into the Logic mixer.

You have to launch Logic and then Reason, and make some changes to the Reason set-up, but I can't remember the details.

fernmeister
May 10, 2008, 08:55 PM
Go to the mixer, from the local menu choose create new auxillary channel strip, from the pull down menu that appears choose reason from the input options.

The easiest solution is to go for RW:Mix L/R. However, you can create aux channels for every reason track if you want, you juts have to create individual optputs in the reason hardware device to do it.

Killyp
May 11, 2008, 08:04 PM
I only discovered recently that you can actually bypass the Reason sequencer altogether (thank god) by choosing 'Reason' in the browser on the right hand side after creating an 'External MIDI' channel.

I then bring each instrument in separately and mix them down in Logic (which sounds better to my ears, and lets me use Logic's plugins).