Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maineman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2008
Hi All-

I have a very frustrating issue I am hopeful that someone can help me with!

First off, I have a 2.16 Intel Core 2 Duo running OS 10.5.2.

I have a Radtech BT 600 bluetooth mouse and EVERY time the batteries are about to die the mouse will freeze and no matter what I do I cannot regain control of the pointer. I can use apple + option + esc to shut the programs down but the only way to regain control of the mouse is to turn off the computer, which can only be done by holding down the power button and restarting the mac.

Every thing else on the computer works the keyboard, clock, programs ect.

Can anyone help?

enkidu

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2008
Have you tried changing batteries? I'm not trying to be smart, but wondering why you are trying to fix a hardware/power problem by manipulating the software on a separate system?

Maineman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2008
BT 600 Mouse

Thanks, I have. It came with a cheap set of rechargeable batteries. I bought new ones and an independent charger (the mouse charges batteries too) to no avail. Regardless of what batteries are in it, once it dies, the mouse pointer freezes and thats it. No matter what I do now, power the mouse on / off, change batteries, connect it to the USB, I HAVE to hold the power button down to use the computer again.

enkidu

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2008
hmm, strange. Can you try turning bluetooth on and off? You may have to set up special hot-keys to do this...

[edit]figured out how to do this with the keyboard: if you have the bluetooth status menu bar item, you can access the menubar items via ctrl-F8 (you may have to use the fn key to get the F8 key instead of Play/Pause).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.