Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fluff

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Ok, so I just updated my Apple TV, and pretty much all of the TV shows I can only Preview them, not buy them, and a bunch of the movies I can just Preview Trailer, no rent or buy. I have also not seen a movie that I can "Buy" yet from the apple tv....Is something wrong?

fluff

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Yes, when I go to the menu under settings it shows my account...

slate1

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2006
Ok, so I just updated my Apple TV, and pretty much all of the TV shows I can only Preview them, not buy them, and a bunch of the movies I can just Preview Trailer, no rent or buy. I have also not seen a movie that I can "Buy" yet from the apple tv....Is something wrong?

I'm getting the same thing - I can rent / buy movies but no TV shows.... dare I dream that they are updating servers with higher-rez editions of Lost???:)

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
Interesting. I'm seeing the same thing. I can't buy any video from the store, only rent movies.

Regards,
Michael

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
This sucks, its affecting me too, I rented batman begins in HD, finished it and went to find the crab people episode of south park and all I can do is preview-maybe NBC decided they were in the wrong and are bring the office back to the itms.

(it'd be nice to let us know when the rental store closes for updates)

Harpy007

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2006
I have the same problem. I want to watch the new Lost episode but I can only preview it. I hope Apple will fix this soon! :(

pruppert

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
Ditto. I'm trying to buy the latest episode of Lost but can't because there's no buy button.

Guess I'll go over to abc.com to watch it for the second week in a row (last week they didn't have the episode in iTunes for several days). They must lose a sizeable pile of cash when stuff like this happens.

phrozted

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2008
cambridge
same thing here

i can buy/preview music, rent/buy/preview movies, but i can only preview tv shows. since are we unable to buy tv shows? my friend bought one just last night around 8:30.

here's what i've tried:

joined a different wireless network--nothing.

restarted apple tv--nothing.

logged in and out of my itunes account on apple tv--nothing.

closed itunes on my computer, shut down the computer, and made sure nothing was transferring/downloading through apple tv to any other source--ahem: nothing.

HOWEVER, i do see the "buy" button on itunes on my computer, meaning this is related only to apple tv.

probably a server issue. how retarded. thanks, apple. i want my tv back.

fragmore

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2007
Apple has acknowledged it has a problem.

Apple's engineers are working on the problem [you can't buy movies, etc.] and they expect to have a software update to fix it in about a week.

The workaround now is to buy from the itunes store and sync to your Apple TV.

Also keep checking for the software update with your Apple TV.

Also in the tips arena calling Apple usually gets a quick answer.

1-800-275-2273

slate1

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2006
Apple's engineers are working on the problem [you can't buy movies, etc.] and they expect to have a software update to fix it in about a week.

The workaround now is to buy from the itunes store and sync to your Apple TV.

Also keep checking for the software update with your Apple TV.

Also in the tips arena calling Apple usually gets a quick answer.

1-800-275-2273

Well.... that's just bizarre because I'm back up and running all of the sudden. I purchased the latest episode of Lost without problem 30 minutes ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.