Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is time capsule covered under imac applecare?

• yes if you but it within 30 days

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • no, it must be on the same receipt

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • yes, it doesn't matter when you buy it

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

Doctorsti

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2006
I have thus far heard three answers from apple store employees and I want to see what the community says is correct.
Answer #1: "As long as you buy the time capsule within 30 days of the imac then it's covered"

Answer #2: "No it will not be covered because it needs to be on the same receipt" (to which I reply "I bought the imac a week ago and it's unopened, if you want to get all technical with me I will bring it back to buy it again today." To which she replied "uh... ok we can do that, just bring your receipt"

Answer #3: "The time capsule is covered no matter what and doesn't need to be on the same receipt or anything." "It's really embarrassing when no one gives you the right answer, sorry"

So which is it folks?

aaronw1986

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2006
I don't think Time Capsule is covered under extra warranty. Doesn't it just get 1 year coverage?

Doctorsti

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2006
I don't know if it's covered under the standard 1-year warranty, but I know that If you buy AppleCare for your iMac, it covers your Time Capsule.

I have applecare but I bought the two things on different days. Do you think it still covers it?

dansgil

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I have applecare but I bought the two things on different days. Do you think it still covers it?

Edited my post above, I didn't see you mentioned that you had AppleCare. :) Anyways, I don't think it matters if they're on the same reciept. You might want to call AppleCare and find out.

pimentoLoaf

macrumors 68000
Dec 30, 2001
The SimCity Deli

Just bought a 2TB Time Capsule, after my late-June 2012 purchase of a new 15" MBPro. The salesguy at the Apple Store said yes, my 3-yr AppleCare agreement covers the TC, and would do so if I bought the thing right up to the end of coverage.

Old thread; still important info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.