PDA

View Full Version : ‘iTunes will drive switching’ – Anderson

MacBytes
Nov 20, 2003, 12:11 PM
Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: ‘iTunes will drive switching’ – Anderson (http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/main_news.cfm?NewsID=7333)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

TomSmithMacEd
Nov 20, 2003, 12:32 PM
It sounds good. I know I've coverted four hardcore pc users to use iTunes. They all love it. Right now I'm at school, and using WMP. It isn't even close to as eligant, or well made. One of the best thing about iTunes is there isn't any advertising. No pushy things. Whenever I got to WMP it trys to tell me to download the new Ludicris video. You know what? Who cares. It is just more spyware from M$. I'm so glad I bought my mac.

mainstreetmark
Nov 20, 2003, 01:19 PM
install iTunes on that PC.

Dont Hurt Me
Nov 20, 2003, 02:04 PM
what will make people switch is first better hardware & software, we have the software and the pro line G5 is looking good, the consumer line is still saddled with a slow G4 and not even 2 to help make up for motorola's megahertz stand! bottom line who wants a slow computer when its new? G4 hasnt been cutting the mustard for a long time. itunes will help but when all those ipod carriers realize a new imac wont run Doom3 they will be getting Pc's. same young crowd that loves music is the same crowd that loves games. the G4 has become a joke when compared to Intel,Amd,IBMs offerings. they have a beautiful new imac 20" but inside is the joke of a cpu struggling to make 1.25 gigs in a 3 gigs world. recent history shows speed sells, look at new ibook just getting rid of g3,look at powermacs after getting rid of motorola's G4. better computers will get more switchers, not forcing stale slow cpu's on the consumer.

mainstreetmark
Nov 20, 2003, 02:24 PM
Totally agreed!

When describing my PB17 to PCers, they're all quite impressed until I get to the speed issue. 1.3GHz, I estimate is over or around 2GHz on the Intel scale, but no where near what PC notebooks go for, especially at $3k.

I tell them I'd happily pay double if it means not using Windows anymore, and that's tough to argue with.

(Oh, and if they mention games, I mention XBox or the like)