Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kuyu

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
Louisville
I am going to buy a 12 inch powerbook as soon as I can get the money together. My question is this: DO I have a whole year to buy the AppleCare warranty, or do I have to buy it at the time of purchase?

If I can buy it during the first year, I'll be able to get my new toy a few months sooner.

One more thing... Is there anyway to upgrade pbook graphics cards? I would love to have a 64 ddr card instead of the stock 32.

pinto32

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2003
PA
You can purchase Applecare up to a year after purchasing the computer. One thing to remember, though, is that the free phone support only lasts 90 days.....hardware warrenty is 1 year though.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure laptop videocards are integrated onto the motherboard.

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
i think videocards are soldered on the mobo too. you'd have to be one daring technician to try to replace that...

funny you asked about applecare on the same post. if you open up your PB and try to replace the videocard, you will, of course, void the original warranty and the applecare. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.