PDA

View Full Version : F/S iPhone 16gb-Unlocked/jailbroken SOLD THANK YOU

uNext
May 11, 2008, 10:57 AM
Hello,

I am selling my iPhone 16gb. it is about 2 months old and like new condition.
Selling it because a blackberry is more of what i need right now.
Somebody can use the iphone to its full potential. Having 16gb space on a phone is amazing unfortunately due to my business and job a blackberry will fit right into my lifestyle a little better.

430 shipped overnight. It is unlocked and jailbroken.

499.99 + tax from the apple store.

Comes with everything apple gives you when you buy it at their store.
Original packaging and documentation etc.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/javizun/IMG_1798.jpghttp://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/javizun/IMG_1797.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/javizun/DSC00077.jpghttp://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/javizun/IMG_1794.jpg

umgolfer
May 11, 2008, 11:20 AM
Hello,

599.99 + tax from the apple store.

I'm interested in the phone, but it is only $499.99 + tax from the Apple Store. Were you intending that the selling price for you would be $430 or $330 (assuming you were to keep the same pricing discount)? Thanks.

idonotliketostu
May 11, 2008, 11:52 AM
hi, check your private message

mariotheotaku
May 11, 2008, 01:54 PM
I pm'ed you

mix123
May 12, 2008, 11:04 PM
still available?

idonotliketostu
May 13, 2008, 12:26 AM
dunno, he doesnt respond to PMs

uNext
May 14, 2008, 01:10 AM
I responded to all PM's i recieved.

It is still available.

idonotliketostu
May 14, 2008, 11:55 AM
hello

i just send you a pm !

aznmacwiz
May 14, 2008, 01:30 PM
money sent as of 1pm EST

aznmacwiz
May 22, 2008, 02:08 PM
the seller is very deceptive:mad: and i am very unhappy with the purchase. the picture taht he provided is not the actual phone. The actual phone comes with scratches and dents. Furthermore, the overnight shipment was delayed and took a total of 5 days to get to me.:mad:

wako
May 22, 2008, 02:11 PM
Hopefully you paid him through paypal because its almost a certainty that when you file a claim the seller always loses. Especially when this time the seller actually was being deceptive...

Take photos for us!

aznmacwiz
May 22, 2008, 02:24 PM
Those are very visible dents and deep scratches.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x101/lazyazn6/IMG_0813.jpg

OscarTheGrouch
May 22, 2008, 02:32 PM
Not to be an ass, but looking at the first pic, it looked like there were some nicks and such at the top- they should have been disclosed better.

I'd be perturbed to have waited the extra few days if i was expecting overnight shipping.

aznmacwiz
May 22, 2008, 02:43 PM
from the first photo, it is probably hard to judge but from the second photo, everyone could clearly see that it is not the same phone.

Warbrain
May 22, 2008, 02:52 PM
from the first photo, it is probably hard to judge but from the second photo, everyone could clearly see that it is not the same phone.

I'm going with "definitely not the same phone" on this one. You can tell that they're not the same.

chosenwolf
May 22, 2008, 03:03 PM
Those photos could be the actual phone he received, just not recent images. Either way, those nicks/scratches should have been disclosed (as they are not visible in the pictures). If the seller refuses to refund you, I would recommend you file a claim with PayPal.

gkarris
May 22, 2008, 03:06 PM
^^^

Hopefully you paid him through paypal because its almost a certainty that when you file a claim the seller always loses. Especially when this time the seller actually was being deceptive...

That's only for eBay when the item is not as described.

He can only file a complaint with Paypal, but that's usually for when the goods are not actually delivered. He got the goods.

Looks like the buyer will just have to spend a few extra $$$ and buy a new back...

EDIT:

I found a place that sells them, but Apple has discontinued the Silver and is selling the newer Black backs. I assume they'll also fit the older iPhones. E-mail them to ask.

http://www.welovemacs.com/iphonebkpnlin.html

Oops - here's the Silver one with no parts:

http://www.welovemacs.com/iphonebkpnls.html

OscarTheGrouch
May 22, 2008, 03:09 PM
Just curious, how was it shipped, and what did the packaging look like? could this have happened in transit?

aznmacwiz
May 22, 2008, 03:22 PM
i dont think it is shipping. because the phone was sitting inside the apple box very firmly and there was no room for movement.

thanks for the heads up gkarris. Those are some expensive back case.:(

gkarris
May 22, 2008, 03:24 PM
i dont think it is shipping. because the phone was sitting inside the apple box very firmly and there was no room for movement.

Apple OEM at least.

If you're tech savvy - maybe get the one without parts and see if you can transfer the parts yourself.

I guess you'll have to get the tool kit too - another $20.

There goes the money you saved.... :(

aznmacwiz
May 22, 2008, 03:28 PM
so, is it fair for me to ask the seller to give me a refund of $50 for the new parts and delay in shipping? just want to get a some idea from other forum members

thanks

blue2fire
May 22, 2008, 03:30 PM
so, is it fair for me to ask the seller to give me a refund of $50 for the new parts and delay in shipping? just want to get a some idea from other forum members

thanks

It is fair for you to demand a refund if you so wish.

OscarTheGrouch
May 22, 2008, 03:34 PM

thats what I was wondering. If it was snug and couldnt move that didnt happen in shipping

gkarris
May 22, 2008, 03:34 PM
Yes, that's the depreciation on the phone since it has those marks on it.

From welovemacs.com:

New Silver Back: $40
iPhone Toolkit: $20
Shipping: $6
Total: $66

Ask for $70...

aznmacwiz
May 22, 2008, 04:40 PM
i sent seller a PM asking for a refund of $66. i will keep you guys posted.

techlover828
May 22, 2008, 05:29 PM
mods delete

Warbrain
May 22, 2008, 05:32 PM
Best of luck trying to get something back from this.

aethelbert
May 22, 2008, 05:51 PM
I'm sorry, but I can't believe that you're actually complaining about this. It was two months old, of course it won't come in perfect condition. It did say like new (which as anyone who buys online would know, that phrase is completely subjective), but even from the photos that he posted, you could tell that the back had some scratches and dings. The picture that the buyer posted doesn't look that bad. Buy a case and forget about it.

Also, nowhere does it say that it is the exact phone that he was selling. It could be easy to assume that, but there's no way of backing it up for sure. Notice that the dock is one for the BT headset, which he didn't include? That was a red flag for me right away.

You got a very good price, even with the lack of perfection in the cosmetics department. The only legit thing that I think that you can complain about is the shipping, which would upset me, too.

aznmacwiz
May 22, 2008, 06:24 PM
i guess like new is a subjective phrase and that's why pictures were used. What good do pictures do when they are not the actual item.
Following your logic, i can sell a macbook with dents and scratches all over the place and still label it like new. Because, according to you, all i need to do is post a picture of the different macbook with perfect cosmetic condition and have a very low standard for like new condition. I THINK NOT SIR.

aethelbert
May 22, 2008, 07:21 PM
i guess like new is a subjective phrase and that's why pictures were used. What good do pictures do when they are not the actual item.
Following your logic, i can sell a macbook with dents and scratches all over the place and still label it like new. Because, according to you, all i need to do is post a picture of the different macbook with perfect cosmetic condition and have a very low standard for like new condition. I THINK NOT SIR.
You take my logic to an extreme. The provided picture did not show perfect condition. Comparing the two pictures, I don't really see yours as being much worse than the photos provided. Your iPhone has scratches in different spots, but it still works and it still looks pretty much as good as the ones in the OP. And, believe it or not, not everyone has a digital camera to take pictures when they sell stuff. When you see something on ebay with a stock photo, do you expect to get a brand new item because it's a cosmetically perfect unit?

I see no reason for the seller to refund you. If you can't live with the scratches, suck it up and return the phone to him and get a full refund. I'm sure that he won't have any trouble finding another buyer at that price.

And if you'd like to discuss this further, make a thread in the buying, tips, and advice forum. It was made for stuff like this.

aznmacwiz
May 22, 2008, 07:45 PM
sorry if i came off a bit harsh in my last reply.

I do recognize your point about everyone has different standard for like new condition. and i do understand that people dont have digital cameras. My point is that if you have the ability to provide images for the product, why wouldn't you post the images of the actual product.
Furthermore. I dont know if you have enlarged the two pictures. the one in OP, you can barely notice the dents. however, the one I took, you can clearly see the dents and scratches. the scratches is so deep, it is no longer in aluminum color.

gkarris
May 22, 2008, 09:16 PM
^^^^

I know the feeling.

An eBay seller was selling a really cool old Polaroid camera "New In Box". The pic was "fuzzy" and you could kind of make out that it was new in its box (Polariod used a clear plastic as the box).

Well, when I got it, I got the cardboard part of the box, the clear plastic covering was missing, there was no paperwork, and the camera was clearly used.

I complained to the seller and she gave me a refund, but she said that she was told by the person who gave it to her that it was new.

I didn't say anything back, but the fact that the plastic box covering was missing, no paperwork, and scratches on the camera would be a dead-giveaway... :eek:

Get at least the cost to fix back....

uNext
May 22, 2008, 09:22 PM
Funny how aznmacwiz failed to mention that since the beginning of the transaction hes been trying to get some money back out of the deal.

I RESPONDED TO HIS THREAT OF CONTACTING PAYPAL.
I asked for him to return the phone and the full amount will be refunded.
I have sold many products on this forum MACPRO (ASK MULTIMEDIA ABOUT ME) and numerous macbooks pros and iphones and never recieved a complain.
I have an ebay business with 100% feedback why in the world would I PUT MY PAYPAL BUSINESS ACCOUNT IN JEOPARDY OVER AN IPHONE?

I SOLD HIM AN IPHONE A 16GB FOR 450 DOLLARS WITH OVERNIGHT INCLUDED
and he is once again trying to get some money out of this deal.

aznmacwiz like i mentioned to you this is not the way I conduct business and to satisfy both me and you a full refund will be issued.

Now if i was trying to scam you WHY WOULD I OVERNIGHT A PACKAGE OR BETTER YET WOULD I EVEN OFFER A FULL REFUND?

I dont appreciate your threat of contacting paypal over such a minuscule issue and nothing you say now really matters
just return it back I WILL EVEN PAY FOR THE RETURN AND YOU WILL RECIEVE YOUR MONEY THE SAME DAY I RECIEVE THE PHONE.

LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU WANT IT PICKED UP AND BELIEVE ME IT WILL BE HANDLED.

worldwearyeyes
May 22, 2008, 09:31 PM
uNext, if he accepts your offer of a full refund, I'll buy it off you.

uNext
May 22, 2008, 09:38 PM
uNext, if he accepts your offer of a full refund, I'll buy it off you.

Since ITS "SCRATCHED AND DENTED TO A POINT OF NO RETURN"
I'll even give you a discount on it. I rather that then to give it to a person that SINCE THE BEGINNING HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET SOME MONEY BACK FROM THE DEAL.

You want to know whats funny is that I could have easily sold it on ebay or craiglist for more then 450 for many reasons.
Some people just dont see the real value behind a GREAT DEAL.

aznmacwiz
May 22, 2008, 10:12 PM
you sounded very angry in the last two posts. I have send you a pm stating my position.

I did try to get money back for the delay in shipping. NOTE the seller asked for 430 overnight and i gave him 450 overnight and due to the delay it turned out to be a 4 day wait. In my defense, i felt i payed more and got delayed, so i wanted some money back and seller never addressed the issue.

I might have overstated the scratches a bit, but you have to look at from my angle as well. When i am expecting a phone nearly perfect and opens a box, the first thing i see on the back are dents and scratches(even though there are not that many, they do catch your eyes), my reaction would definitely be angry. Plus the mishap with the shipping, i had to take some form of action. maybe it was a bit overboard for this, which i apologize. Lets try to solve this when both us are calm and rational.

OscarTheGrouch
May 22, 2008, 11:19 PM
you sounded very angry in the last two posts. I have send you a pm stating my position.

I did try to get money back for the delay in shipping. NOTE the seller asked for 430 overnight and i gave him 450 overnight and due to the delay it turned out to be a 4 day wait. In my defense, i felt i payed more and got delayed, so i wanted some money back and seller never addressed the issue.

I might have overstated the scratches a bit, but you have to look at from my angle as well. When i am expecting a phone nearly perfect and opens a box, the first thing i see on the back are dents and scratches(even though there are not that many, they do catch your eyes), my reaction would definitely be angry. Plus the mishap with the shipping, i had to take some form of action. maybe it was a bit overboard for this, which i apologize. Lets try to solve this when both us are calm and rational.

I Might be angry too if i come home and log on to find I'd been outed before having a chance to resolve a situation...

just sayin....

idonotliketostu
May 23, 2008, 11:27 PM
macrumors newbie fo sho
0 post lol

aznmacwiz
May 26, 2008, 08:58 PM
Everything has been solved. Once the seller and I were calm and rational things went very smoothly.

@idonotliketostu

I dont see your point at all.:confused::confused: and i didn't appreciate the impulsive correlation you drawn between my number of posts and this transaction.

uNext
May 26, 2008, 09:06 PM
Money refunded.

He got a 16gb iphone unlocked for 420 bucks. :eek:

He was very prompt with the payment and while he did not pay nothing for shipping. My asking price was strictly for the iphone i did want to make this sale smoother so the refund was given.

Adding my cost of overnight plus the 30 I came out gaining nothing.
But at least I have another succesful transaction under my name here on macrumors.

Azn enjoy the phone you know with the scratches dents and all lol just kidding thank you for your business.