Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lennier

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2008
Just bought a Mapower TB32 enclosure and put 2 SATAII HDDs in it. I've set the unit to JBOD (non-spanning - ie. 2 individual drives should show up) and connected the unit to my MB via the USB2 cable.

The unit isn't correctly detected by OSX (10.5.2) and only 1 of 2 drives is "seen" (shows up in Disc Utility but cannot be formatted / erased / partitioned)

Can't seem to figure out what is going wrong. Unit works fine when set to SPAN/BIG mode.

Could it be because I've used a USB2 cable, but should instead use the eSATA coming out of the unit, and then attaching a PM-aware eSATA <-> USB converter to connect it to my MB? Does a pure USB2<->USB2 connection allow for multiple drives?

Any one with any other ideas/suggestions? Much appreciated thanks!

giffut

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2003
Germany
The ...

... solution is quite simple: Whenever you change the RAID mode, you need to press the little reset button right next to the jumpers on the mainboard.

But this is important: Do it when you power up the enclosure, otherwise nothing is changed and the hardware won´t regognize the second HD.

Well, I hope you´re still in need of this hint. The enclosure is quite powerful. I am using it with a Sonnet E4P eSata card.

bm0057

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2014
Anyone still have one of these?! I would kill to get the jumper settings from the manual!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.