Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ks-man

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
I saw those also, but the large list of printers is for the older Airport Express and the later one has very few printers on it. Does Apple really not publish a list but advises you to make sure that it is a supported printer?

ghw9132

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2009
No supported list published by Apple

After an hour on the phone with Apple support, no there is no official supported printer list. "Your printer may not be supported." Well is there a list of supported printers? "The list changes so often that Apple hasn't maintained a list" (working from memory, not word for word.)

vorkorsigan

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2008
Toronto
I gave up with this and apple and started playing. Fairly quickly got a MP750 multifunction to work with printing only for my MBP. A windows laptop on the same network has only intermittent success so far though.

I would suggest that you connect the printer to the express and follow the instructions to connect using the standard (latest) driver. You can always reverse everything.

xcell

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2005
Strangly enough my printer (USB, Brother DHC-130C) showed up in the Airport Utility Printers Tag. Some time later: "USB Printers: None"

No idea how that is possible.... and no idea how the Express Station once recognized the printer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.