PDA

View Full Version : So are we going to setup a meeting or some sort of what?!

eyelikeart
May 9, 2002, 10:11 AM
We were discussing it the other day and it seemed to kinda die out...

how many of u guys are willing to get together and have our own "Geek Expo?"

I'm game....I got mad travel plans for the summer!!! :D

Mr. Anderson
May 9, 2002, 10:20 AM
Like I said before, someone has to take the ball and run with it. I'll help, but I'm not going to be in charge.

Maybe what might be better is to just have a MacRumors Party for the first year. That way we can all meet, have some fun and not have any of the stress associated with setting up a booth and the logistical nightmare that accompanies that.

Food, Drinks, Movies, more Drinks - all sorts of possibilities...

D0ct0rteeth
May 9, 2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet

and strippers... everything is better with strippers.. and MIDGETS!!! we need midgets too!

i'll make some calls...

C-

eyelikeart
May 9, 2002, 10:25 AM
Like I said before, someone has to take the ball and run with it. I'll help, but I'm not going to be in charge.

Maybe what might be better is to just have a MacRumors Party for the first year. That way we can all meet, have some fun and not have any of the stress associated with setting up a booth and the logistical nightmare that accompanies that.

true....I've always favored the idea of a committee rather than an individual to run the show...

I'd be more than happy to help out as well...but I know if it's up to me alone I'll go nuts...he he he ;)

so as for the food, drinks, movies, more drinks...shall we decide where to do it? DC perhaps?!? :D ;)

Backtothemac
May 9, 2002, 10:27 AM
All I have to say is that Cleo and Macette have to come. I think this is a better idea than to try to pull off a booth so quickly. Hell, we can all meet, and then form a plan for the following year. I am game for anywhere in the south. I cannot travel far from Alabama right now. Hey, what the heck. Everyone come here. Grab a hotel room, and my wife will cook the food. ;)

Um, Cleo and Macette, you two can stay with us.....:p :D ;) :p

D0ct0rteeth
May 9, 2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
...shall we decide where to do it? DC perhaps?!? :D ;)

NYC or DC... gets my vote...

eye; you wanna set up a poll?

C-

Backtothemac
May 9, 2002, 10:31 AM
Eye, I know you live there, but dude if we are just going to meet, eat, and party, New Orleans is the place to have it!!!!

eyelikeart
May 9, 2002, 10:31 AM
he he he....I was gonna mention Cleo & Macette for the fun of it...but I wasn't sure how soon they would get tired of the attention...

hmm...a poll might be a good idea...

NYC...DC....San Fran perhaps?

any other suggestions before I get it going?

eyelikeart
May 9, 2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
Eye, I know you live there, but dude if we are just going to meet, eat, and party, New Orleans is the place to have it!!!!

yeah....he he....I know....I was going to suggest it but wasn't sure if anyone would bite...

I'll put that one too... ;)

britboy
May 9, 2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by D0ct0rteeth

and strippers... everything is better with strippers..

so ah, cleo's going to be there? :D :p

It would be really nice to join in something like this, but i'd find it a bit difficult to justify the cost of flying to america :(

I'm all up for meeting at Mac Expo Paris though.

iGav
May 9, 2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by D0ct0rteeth

and strippers... everything is better with strippers.. and MIDGETS!!! we need midgets too!

i'll make some calls...

C-

Heh heh heh..... Midgets........ :p :p :p

eyelikeart
May 9, 2002, 11:07 AM
last call for city suggestions...

any takers??

Mr. Anderson
May 9, 2002, 11:12 AM
Set up a poll. I'd be happy with DC, obviously, and Blakespot is here to, not to mention it isn't to far for Arn to drop by for a weekend.

But New Orleans would be great as well. It all comes down to how many people will go and what is the geographic center of those individuals.

Backtothemac
May 9, 2002, 11:14 AM
Set up a poll. I'd be happy with DC, obviously, and Blakespot is here to, not to mention it isn't to far for Arn to drop by for a weekend.

But New Orleans would be great as well. It all comes down to how many people will go and what is the geographic center of those individuals.

One thing to is try to have two. I lived in New Orleans for a while, and I know that Eye does, and I can tell you that it would be the place for the party. Period. There is no compeititon there. Then later, lets meet up north somewhere. I am going to go to San Fran in 03, so we could do another then.

eyelikeart
May 9, 2002, 11:16 AM
;) :D here ya go...

Where do u want to meet? (http://www.macrumors.com/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=4830)

jefhatfield
May 9, 2002, 10:19 PM
i know i could meet mischief any given afternoon

...and thlaylilthefierce is nearby as well as the three members in san diego

we could break it up into regions

western us including hawaii and alaska

rockie mountain states

midwest

south

southeast

northeast

uk

europe

australia

japan

south america

africa

middle east

etc...

with five thousand members, i am sure each region could get a party going:D

eyelikeart
May 9, 2002, 10:33 PM
well jef...

I'm planning on coming out to the west coast pretty soon...mischief is gonna hook me up with a place to stay...and show me around...and enlighten me on how much better the...nevermind...u already know..he he he..

but I am hoping to go out to Boston as well...but I do really wanna go to DC...

and I am most definitely going to Florida next week...

but anyway...keep checking back...there's gonna be some meetings going on I promise...

I've sparked a lot of interest it seems...he he he :D

jelloshotsrule
May 9, 2002, 10:34 PM
but if it's not at a mw or something big.. it has to be in a big place. cause isn't there some fire code about having too many geeks packed too tight in a building??? ha

jefhatfield
May 9, 2002, 10:40 PM
well jef...

I'm planning on coming out to the west coast pretty soon...mischief is gonna hook me up with a place to stay...and show me around...and enlighten me on how much better the...nevermind...u already know..he he he..

but I am hoping to go out to Boston as well...but I do really wanna go to DC...

and I am most definitely going to Florida next week...

but anyway...keep checking back...there's gonna be some meetings going on I promise...

I've sparked a lot of interest it seems...he he he :D

cool, mischief is only forty five minutes away from me:D

Mr. Anderson
May 9, 2002, 10:44 PM
...but I do really wanna go to DC...

Let me know when you plan on coming this way, we should meet when you're here.

eyelikeart
May 9, 2002, 11:22 PM

Let me know when you plan on coming this way, we should meet when you're here.

I definitely will...

I'm thinking late summer...