PDA

View Full Version : Digital output not supported???

sleepyyellow
May 13, 2008, 01:52 PM
hey,

i just got my toslink cable today it was a cheap one i just thought i need to get my z-5500 working with my MBP. i hooked it up and i noticed i dont get any support with it. like my volume buttons on the keyboard dont even work. also i cant change it from stereo to 5.1, i can do it by changing effects on my logitech device but that still means i dont get true surround sound etc.
how do i get support of my speakers?
i took a screenshot to show...

- thanks in advance

-s

aaronw1986
May 13, 2008, 02:03 PM
hey,

i just got my toslink cable today it was a cheap one i just thought i need to get my z-5500 working with my MBP. i hooked it up and i noticed i dont get any support with it. like my volume buttons on the keyboard dont even work. also i cant change it from stereo to 5.1, i can do it by changing effects on my logitech device but that still means i dont get true surround sound etc.
how do i get support of my speakers?
i took a screenshot to show...

- thanks in advance

-s

Why are you under MIDI settings?

sleepyyellow
May 13, 2008, 02:15 PM
lol no idea saw on some site that i could go there and configure my speakers so i went there but also if i go on system settings - sound it says its not supported so thats why i went to check there.

Consultant
May 21, 2008, 04:05 PM
Volume keys and system volume settings dpes not work because fiber optic is LINE OUT.

AviationFan
May 22, 2008, 09:00 AM
also i cant change it from stereo to 5.1, i can do it by changing effects on my logitech device but that still means i dont get true surround sound etc.The only surround sound you should expect is a passthrough of encoded surround audio from the DVD Player application to the optical digital output. There is no on-the-fly AC3 encoding or anything of that sort in Macs.

- Martin

Jolly Jimmy
May 22, 2008, 11:34 AM
You need to look under Properties For: Built-in Output.
On your screenshot you have the properties for the built-in microphone selected.