Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sleepyyellow

macrumors regular
Original poster
hey,

i just got my toslink cable today it was a cheap one i just thought i need to get my z-5500 working with my MBP. i hooked it up and i noticed i dont get any support with it. like my volume buttons on the keyboard dont even work. also i cant change it from stereo to 5.1, i can do it by changing effects on my logitech device but that still means i dont get true surround sound etc.
how do i get support of my speakers?
i took a screenshot to show...

- thanks in advance

-s

Attachments

• Picture-1.jpg
    Picture-1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 114

aaronw1986

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2006
hey,

i just got my toslink cable today it was a cheap one i just thought i need to get my z-5500 working with my MBP. i hooked it up and i noticed i dont get any support with it. like my volume buttons on the keyboard dont even work. also i cant change it from stereo to 5.1, i can do it by changing effects on my logitech device but that still means i dont get true surround sound etc.
how do i get support of my speakers?
i took a screenshot to show...

- thanks in advance

-s

Why are you under MIDI settings?

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Volume keys and system volume settings dpes not work because fiber optic is LINE OUT.

AviationFan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
also i cant change it from stereo to 5.1, i can do it by changing effects on my logitech device but that still means i dont get true surround sound etc.
The only surround sound you should expect is a passthrough of encoded surround audio from the DVD Player application to the optical digital output. There is no on-the-fly AC3 encoding or anything of that sort in Macs.

- Martin

Jolly Jimmy

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
You need to look under Properties For: Built-in Output.
On your screenshot you have the properties for the built-in microphone selected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.