Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
I highly recommend that you wait to order the IV from Fastmac. I pre-ordered mine right after the intro at MacWorld and it was supposed to have been delivered in April sometime.

After not recieving my order, I emailed and called and they said that they had to make changes and it was moved to a mid May delivery. Called yesterday and they said that orders would start be filled at the END of May and that my pre-ordered $99.00 ones are now $79.00 and do NOT have the removable belt clip that was on they style I ordered.

Guess What....I CANCELLED my order...I am tired of the delays, there is still no product delivered and I do not believe that they deserve the Best in Show title that they recieved for a product that has yet to come to life.

I guess I am just jinxed when it comes to internet orders or I just seem to find all of the "bad" companies.

Order at your own risk and prepare for a long wait and/or change in product when iPhone 2 is released...I am done with them!

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I was wondering if there are any battery packs for the iphone that powers up the iphone and recharges it?
I think the following is the only one that does that but I'd like a case/charges all in one combo.
Kensington unveils Battery Pack and Charger for iPhone / iPod

neogod

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2008
I was waiting for the iV also, but since they are taking forever to come out, I was looking at the iZap. It was made for the ipod, but works on the iPhone. It claims to triple the battery life. I'm about to head to the Apple store now and see if they have it, if so I'm buying it. The other product i was thinking about was Morphie's, but that one is more expensive and does less, so it's a second choice for me. I'd rather have something that can be used as a recharger so I could keep it out of my case for as little time as possible, but not have any dangling wires.

SamoanDude

macrumors regular
May 22, 2008
United States Now
I was waiting for the iV also, but since they are taking forever to come out, I was looking at the iZap. It was made for the ipod, but works on the iPhone. It claims to triple the battery life. I'm about to head to the Apple store now and see if they have it, if so I'm buying it. The other product i was thinking about was Morphie's, but that one is more expensive and does less, so it's a second choice for me. I'd rather have something that can be used as a recharger so I could keep it out of my case for as little time as possible, but not have any dangling wires.

If they have it, review it for me. I am interested in details!

neogod

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2008
The iV is crap. It was really heavy, and the iPhone didn't fit snug at all. I was afraid that if I moved it, the phone would fall and break. I emailed the seller about this and he said something about a spacer that was supposed to be in the box. The only thing that was in there was a piece of foam I think, and when I tried sliding it down to use as a spacer, it started pushing the iPhone forward which of course not only made it look tacky with the phone and battery starting to look like a V, but I was afraid the connector was going to break. I sent it back and ordered Morphie's Juice Pack, and has been very happy since. The only thing i don't like about the Juice Pack is that it seemed like immediately after I opened the box, the coating on it started peeling away and it slowly gets worse everyday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.