Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I recall the time I longed for one and they were closer to $3k at least...maybe more. Good news still not worth my $2k since I don't use mine full time.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
I debated whether to get a proper Etch-a-Sketch A6 graphics tablet for $6 or go to the dollar store and get a chinese knock-off for 99c. This is for my 3 year old daughter who can be quite demanding sometimes.

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
That directly translates to about £1200 inc tax I guess. With our BS Ripoff economy it'll probably mean it's £1600 (it's already (£1750)

Man I'm glad they bought out the £780 Cintiq 12WX, however much I'd like the huge model.

jerryrock

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Amsterdam, NY
According to today's figures $1999.99 converts to $1027. British Pounds. That is without tax anyway. I opted for the 20WSX Cintiq back in January because of the widescreen format and resolution that directly matched my 20" Apple Cinema Display.

dizastor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2001
Los Angeles
According to today's figures $1999.99 converts to $1027. British Pounds. That is without tax anyway. I opted for the 20WSX Cintiq back in January because of the widescreen format and resolution that directly matched my 20" Apple Cinema Display.

For illustration purposes, does the 21ux have any advantages over a 20wsx? Is it advantageous to draw on a 4:3 screen vs. a 16:10 widescreen?

I'm looking to buy a big Cintiq in a month or so, and am torn between the two models. Anyone with experience and pros/cons to share?

mooncaine

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2004
Makes my internal debate between a $79 Bamboo or a $99 Bamboo Fun kinda, well, insignificant.

I hear ya. I'll stick with the low-priced tablets, or find a competitor, because I am not happy with WACOM's recent decision not to write drivers for Leopard, for perfectly working tablets, just because they don't think they are selling enough tablets.

WACOM used to make great stuff -- too great to suit their greed, apparently -- but it ain't no good to me unless I can use it. I won't sink any real money into WACOM products anymore until I'm convinced they won't screw me again and refuse to write drivers when a new OS comes out.

So it's Bamboo for me unless I discover a tablet that works as well.

dizastor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2001
Los Angeles
I am not happy with WACOM's recent decision not to write drivers for Leopard, for perfectly working tablets, just because they don't think they are selling enough tablets.

Which tablet do you have that doesn't have a driver? From Wacom's driver downloads it looks to me that Intuos, Grapphire, Bamboo and Cintiq all have Leopard drivers.

My Intuos 3 works great on leopard.

mooncaine

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2004
PenPartner, not that it matters. It's the same hardware in the first Graphire series. All they did was change the case slightly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.