Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rontheancient

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
USA
I will be editing HD video with Final Cut Express. However, the raw video is from a Panasonic HVX200 and I dont know if FCE supports the DVCPro-HD format. I do have experience editing in Sony Vegas 7, and learning on FCE.

Thanks,

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
-----^ what he said

You'll have to capture in the Apple Intermediate Codec (not the nicest of formats to work with but it'll work i think)

tbh - I'd be on the lookout for a cheap copy of Final Cut Pro on eBay. It'll be worth it if you're working with a camera like that regularly.

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
actually what am i talking about - AIC is for HDV only isn't it?

what about.................converting the DVCPRO HD into a DV/HDV format in Quicktime and working with that.

Though each conversion/compression = less and less quality each time.

rontheancient

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
USA
The camera is on loan to me and I will probably use it once. The owner of the camera offered to convert it into a useable format for me. I just thought I would save some time and do the import myself. But thanks anyway.

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
I'm pretty sure that Quicktime Pro would be able to perform the conversion. But if he has offered to convert it for you i'd take him up on that then it's his headache.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.