Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maryrachel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2008
Chicago
I have a iBook G4 (1.2 Processor, OS X 10.3.9, purchased Feb 05). My computer comes with 256 built in and I had another 256 card in as well. I took out the 256 and put in a 762 so that I would have more memory and be able to install Leopard. As soon as I put in the new memory, the wifi started having problems. It works, but I have to be within six feet of the base station or there is no signal. Others seem to have similar issues (possibly from the heat? the memory is right under the airport card). I took the memory out last night and the internet is completely normal.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am getting a 512 card, so I will have 762. Will that be enough to install Leopard or should I just give up and stick with 10.3.9?

Thank you!
Mary

justonce

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2009
re: 2.5Gb ram in iBook

Hi Hawkeye411, just trying to make sure this is not a typo - where did you get a 2Gb DDR PC2700 module ?

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
I have an ibook like yours 1.33 and added a 1gb mem chip with no problems with airport. are you sure you re-connected the cable to the airport properly? there is 1 cable that has to reconnect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.