Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dailey76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2008
Hi

First post on the site. Bought a new 3.06GHz iMac recently - my first Mac. Everything is going really well with it, much better than my last windows PC.

I only ordered the 2GB RAM as the 4GB Apple upgrade was a bit too expensive (even if they have lowered the price). Was thinking about getting Crucial RAM to take me to 4GB but saw this on ebay:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=130222861159&Category=80202&_trksid=p3907.m29

It's much cheaper than Crucial here in the UK. If you guys think it's ok I think I'll buy it.

Cheers!

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Welcome to MR

I would hesitate buying RAM from an eBay seller unless you can establish they have a B&M presence and a good track record. The RAM offered is no-name, unknown brand. Obvious question is how warranty would be handled if they are off of eBay in a year from now. The photo is not of the RAM being sold.

You'll find answers to this and many other commonly asked questions under the Guides tab at the top

Guides : Hardware: MR Guide to Buying RAM

Guides : Hardware: MR Guide to Understanding Intel Mac RAM

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.