Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
OK, so here's my setup. I have an iMac G5, a new Macbook, and an AppleTV. I have the AppleTV sync'd to the iMac. I made a movie using iMovie '08 on the Macbook, and I can export it to the iTunes on the Macbook just fine. I can even see the movie on my iMac using iTunes sharing. But iTunes on the iMac won't let me move, copy, or otherwise manipulate the movie, so I can't get it on my AppleTV. I can, of course, export it as a file, move the file to the iMac, and then share it with the apple TV. But it seems like there should be a more elegant solution.

Dave

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
When you export your project to iTunes, you are actually exporting as a file anyways even if you don't really see the inner workings, so just copying that file onto a flashdrive and then move it to your other computer is no less elegant.

You can also stream from your Macbook to your AppleTV.

Dave00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
But you can't stream from 2 different computers to one AppleTV, right? Or is it just that you can't sync to just one. Also, where is the file stored (movie) on iTunes? And where is the "medium", "small", etc file created by iMovie? I'm assuming that when you "publish" a version and it takes all day to render, it creates an m4v video, but I can't seem to find the actual movie files.

Dave

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.