PDA

View Full Version : So it's official, the Mac has changed my life

wsteineker
May 10, 2002, 04:34 AM
As some of you know, I recently converted after a year of fence sitting, lust, and abject amazement with everything Apple. I didn't think that it would be a revolutionary decision or anything, just a new operating system. I got a good deal on a Cube and a 15" studio display, and I jumped. It's not the fastest machine in the world, granted, but it's totally changed my life.

I never knew that using a computer could be so enjoyable. It's really quite refreshing to do everything I need to do (word process, surf, edit photos, web design, archive music, and play a game or two) in such an intuitive and user-friendly manner. I have gone from viewing these tasks as work to looking forward to the time I spend at my desk. I am more productive on this machine than I have ever been before. As much as I hate to admit it, I am addicted to the Macintosh. It doesn't hurt that the Cube is quite the conversation starter, either.

So I was basically wondering what caused all of you to start using Macs in the first place. What has your experience been like? I honestly feel like I just woke up from a bad dream, but so much more. Sorry for the over-emoting there, but it's the truth. What about you folks?

iGav
May 10, 2002, 05:13 AM
When I started studying Graphic Design and Interactive Media 8 years ago, the college was mac based, so it's the machines I had to use...... although they did have a few PC's.......

I wasn't really a huge computer person at the time, alot of what I learned at college, was marker and rendering skills, typesetting etc, so to me, at the time design was more hands on.... it's only when we were intoduced to design on the mac that we realised what a revolution it was going to be, with regards to design......

So ultimately I guess..... I didn't really have much of a clue about mac's at the time, so if they'd have had SGI's or hi spec PC's, I guess I'd probably be using those now!! It really wasn't a consious decision to use mac's, it's just what was available, you make the best and the most of the tools you have access to!!

My love of mac's has just evolved over time, probably something to do with the fact that it's a device that allows me to do what I love doing.... BEING CREATIVE, and I really do believe that there is not any other platform that could allow me to be as creative as I am on a mac......

I love my mac...... and I love Apple for making these tools..... :) ;) :D