Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matthewcap

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Does ipod nano 3g or ipod classic have better sound quality? I would think the flash memory accounts for better sound.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
I would assume there is no difference between any of the iPods in terms of noticeable sound quality.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Does ipod nano 3g or ipod classic have better sound quality? I would think the flash memory accounts for better sound.

How does method of storage affect sound quality? If anything the Classic has more space for better chips; maybe room for a vacuum tube :p

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
How does method of storage affect sound quality? If anything the Classic has more space for better chips; maybe room for a vacuum tube :p

In all seriousness, the 1G iPod shuffle had the best audio quality of all the iPods because they used a different chip.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
In all seriousness, the 1G iPod shuffle had the best audio quality of all the iPods because they used a different chip.

I have had many iPods and I can attest to the fact that the Shuffle sounds top notch.... Only if it had a dock connector though!

SDLSteve

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2004
Florida
I love the shuffle and the price is great. However, I can't tell an appreciable difference in the sound quality of the nano vs. classic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.