Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dcac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2008
Hi I'm going to be doing a wedding video/slideshow soon for the reception. I was just wondering what would be a better setup for the best and clearest possible view onto a big screen? Would it be better if I outputed the project to dv tape and played it through the camera hooked up to the projector or just hook up my laptop and play it from there. Or maybe a dvd player? Any response or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

McBob

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2007
Wales
Hi Dcac,

It wont make a huge difference what you output from, your camera would have better quality outputting from dvtape as there is less compression compared to a DVD and saved quicktime files. Yet this may be very slight and not noticeable to most guests.

I'd recommend doing it the most reliable way for yourself as I'm sure you wont want any problems arising during a wedding reception!

Is your laptop reliable and capable of running the video with stuttering etc, does the camera have a remote which would aid cueing the footage, power supply access and so on. Take these factors into account.

Hope this helps...

xMcBob

dcac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2008
thanks so much McBob for your help! It's just I'm also editing a little love story for them and I'm using nattress film plugins to replicate the 24p effect. I was wondering if it'd stutter to much since my original footage is 60i. I'm also planning to use other magic bullet effects with slow motion. My computer is just a 2 ghz macbook pro but I think it should be sufficient. Thanks for your input!

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
I played files from my old Powerbook through a projector every night for a two week theatre production.

I didn't use a dvd - just played the DV files straight from the HD.

Rehearse, rehearse and rehearse again. Have a backup of the files on DVD and a spare laptop available in case of hard drive crash or dropped laptop.

Rehearse the full setup, including plugging in and setting up the projector and the controls and the timing and the starting and the ending.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.