PDA

View Full Version : Logic Express on Macbook Pro for Beginner Please Help!

dimdemure
May 22, 2008, 01:17 AM
I am considering purchasing a Macbook Pro with all of the upgrades and 7200rpm hd to run Logic Expres. I have not used Logic before and have a few questions. Also, I don't know all that much about computers overall, which will probably be apparent, so please bear with me...

First, I have been advised to have an external hd for virtual instruments. What exactly does this mean? I am storing a digital library of sounds on an easily accessible hd? How will I access these to put them into the mix? I want to be mobile so I wonder if I will have to carry a hd around with me??

Part of why I think I need this external hd is that my songs get complex, with lots of tracks and lots of effects. I also like to work on multiple projects at a time so I tend to like to confuse computers!

Anyhow, clarification on how this would work would be greatly appreciated. Also, what would be the best external hd for storing finished songs or those not in use and the virtual instruments that I mentioned above?

Thanks!

AliensExist4
May 31, 2008, 10:36 PM
Hey hows it going. When you say virtual instruments are you referring to plug-ins?

You'll want an external HD at some point preferably Firewire 400 if your doing allot of songs and want to free up space on your internal drive but you shouldn't absolutely need one for at least a few months depending on what your doing. I have a 160gb 7200 rpm HD in my Macbook Pro and my internal HD is a little over 1/2 full and I have had my Macbook Pro now for almost a year and thats including some itunes music, photos, and small documents and I record on Logic Studio pretty frequently. Hopefully this helps

- Patrick