PDA

View Full Version : How to test trackpad hardware?

stagmeister
May 22, 2008, 07:43 AM
So I got a new BlackBook yesterday and the trackpad is not working now. But it worked the first time I turned it on!!! Is there a way to test the trackpad with some sort of hardware diagnostics? I tried the apple hardware test you can get when starting your computer (pressing "D" when rebooting) but it said that everything was fine. Is it possible that my firmware got screwed up?

Thanks
Jason

merl1n
May 22, 2008, 10:08 AM
So I got a new BlackBook yesterday and the trackpad is not working now. But it worked the first time I turned it on!!! Is there a way to test the trackpad with some sort of hardware diagnostics? I tried the apple hardware test you can get when starting your computer (pressing "D" when rebooting) but it said that everything was fine. Is it possible that my firmware got screwed up?

Thanks
Jason

Yes, it's possible. You can try a PRAM reset to see if that fixes it and watch it for a few days to see if it happens again.

I, however, would take it back and get a new one. This is brand new and shouldn't be happening at all. You may have defective hardware.