Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Still there @ 7am PST. With tax it is about 1669.00 whereas you can go to amazon search for and air and buy one with free shipping and no tax for 1634.00

KindredMAC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
Still there as of 2:00pm EST.

Been waiting to see what the refurbs would go for. Was hoping for $1499. Oh well.

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
. Ugh . Feels like a kick to the gut :) If we hadn't ordered and ruined our Air, we just got ours back when refurbs finally appear.

. Ugh .

mavfan11

macrumors member
May 6, 2008
It shows $1749 on Amazon when I look now. The rebate's only $50.

Apple MacBook Air MB003LL/A 13.3" Laptop (1.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB RAM, 80 GB Hard Drive)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List Price: $1,799.00
Price: $1,749.00 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
You Save: $50.00 (3%)
Rebate: $50.00
Price After Rebate: $1,699.00

Rebate forms for recent purchases

You need to click the "check here for price" Until you do that it will say $1749, but that's only because some companies don't allow Amazon to advertise a price under the MSRP. Amazon offers $50 off the price PLUS another $50 rebate making it $1699.

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
You got yours back? That was quick. How'd it go? Maybe you already posted and I missed it.

Yes we did, I didn't post it because I figured people were sick of me by that point hehe

It arrived in great condition, got everything installed and it is working like a charm. It was amazing to see that Air screen again after using her dino-Dell and my work (non-Dino) Dell...That screen is AMAZING.

We always were very happy with the Air, and that is renewed. Just feeling a bit sick because of how expensive it ultimately was when you can now get refurbs for $1549 :) Total cost of the repair with tax and shipping was $757, plus $1699 for the Air in the first place. That's a very expensive 1.6/80 Air.

dzhiurgis

macrumors member
May 29, 2007
I already replied in TUAW, but again - I got mine with AppleCare auto-enrolled in ebay for just 1800, with buy it now.. No hassles, no taxes. Although I was saving every cent for the import taxes :) (shipping out of US)

peterbaker

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2008
Just ordered my refurb

Ordered it this morning after seeing everyone mention the refurbs on the Apple Store. Already shipped by this afternoon...

peterbaker

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2008
Yeah sorry. It came. It's awesome. I love it.

The box was a blank thing, with what looked like the normal foam inserts that would come in the new box. It had a long rectangular box with the power cord and cds.

The computer itself seems perfectly new. I have a clicking once in a while when the hard drive loads, but I think other people have mentioned the same thing on new and refurbs, so I don't know.

I'm happy.

adamjohn_98

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2005
I also recently received my refurbished Air, and am quite pleased with it.

The screen has no dead pixels or marks, the keyboard and trackpad look like they were never touched, and it does not appear to have the hard drive clicking issue.

I did find a few marks on the aluminum bottom casing surrounding one of the rubber feet, but everything else is great!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.