Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

J@ffa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 21, 2002
Behind you!
Title is as title does. My XBox 360 is on the blink, and I'm pretty sure it's a hardware problem — I get several white, glitchy looking vertical lines and the picture freezes, and the sound is interrupted for a moment before going silent. The console is still under a store warranty, so I can take it in and get it swapped out for a new one, but I was wondering if it's possible to transfer the profiles and saved games, etc that are on the current one? I can still get to the menu, as the problem I mentioned only happens when I launch a game. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks! :)

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
There is a program that you can find on Amazon that will backup your stuff to your computer and seems to work pretty well. If you send your system in rather than just returning it to the store Xbox will tell you to keep your HDD unless it's just that :rolleyes: Give Amazon a try or your local game shop and see what you can find.
Here's the link…Good luck!
http://tinyurl.com/62fbd9

J@ffa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 21, 2002
Behind you!
There is a program that you can find on Amazon that will backup your stuff to your computer and seems to work pretty well. If you send your system in rather than just returning it to the store Xbox will tell you to keep your HDD unless it's just that :rolleyes: Give Amazon a try or your local game shop and see what you can find.
Here's the link…Good luck!
http://tinyurl.com/62fbd9

I checked with the store, they just swap the HDs around. It was definitely the console, I'm all good now. Good to know for the future though, thanks! It's odd that Microsoft doesn't provide for backing up, given that a hard drive will eventually die...

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
I checked with the store, they just swap the HDs around. It was definitely the console, I'm all good now. Good to know for the future though, thanks! It's odd that Microsoft doesn't provide for backing up, given that a hard drive will eventually die...

I was told that there was a better program that this out there but MS bought it and "shelved it" as with some cool stuff. I know they have a program that transfers your stuff over because it comes with the larger HDD when you buy it so that you can move all your stuff from the original HDD to the new one. I wonder if that might be that program from before but I'm not sure so don't quote me on that. Anyway glad to see it's better now and you can get back to gaming once again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.