Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rk2z

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
Hi I'm new to the Mac world and am really enjoying my new powerbook. I just got a new job closer to home and was thinking about switching to a bike commute. I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with riding a bike to work with their laptop.

I've looked around at a number of cases and the best two seem to be the Willow Edgewater or Garibaldi
http://www.willowdesign.com/WillowAppleCatPORT.html#17Powerbook and the Brenthaven 17" backpack case on the apple store website.

It appears that the willow case might be more weather resistant, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any experience with either of these cases? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

-rk2z

morkintosh

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2003
I don't know about all that bike riding. Seems to me that would be a really good way to fall on your ass (and a $3,000 peice of hardware). But ... if you inisit on this sort of thing, the backpack from the apple website seems as good a solution as any.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.