Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2002
Originally posted by MoparShaha
Yeah, I got a good laugh out of that. Injuries aren't funny, but c'mon, common sense!

I know, I don't wish suffering on anyone either. However, if you're at a Klan meeting, it would suggest you're not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. All I'm saying is that Darwin was on to something... ;)

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
What's amazing is that the trajectory of the bullet was accurate enough to come down almost the same angle at which it was shot.

crazytom

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
IL
That's more amazing than stupid! (Don't get me wrong, it's still stupid) The odds of that happening are so slim! But, like the song says: "Hey, man. Nice shot! What a good shot, man."

The article never said if the guy who got shot was the same guy who was being initiated...

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Literally could be killing two birds with one stone.

One idiot initiate could die (which would be great, IMHO)

And the old school member would probably go to jail for a long time.

I think stuff like this should happen every day. One reason for not regulating guns--if only the morons could keep to killing one another!

I wonder if there's any closeted Klan members on these boards. You'd have to think... there's gotta be one.

We know you're out there.... :D

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
Yea, I read it yesterday, what an ass. They wanted to scare the crap out of the guy being initiated, so he;d think the paintballs were bullets. So when he gets shot by one of his fellow geniuses, it just adds more irony then the KKK can stand. Then the idiot ran, haha, like one of the other 10 idiots are gonna say "it just fell from the sky". Morons surrounded by morons, that's a terrorist organization I want to join :rolleyes:

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
I didn't get the impression that the initiate was the one who got hit with the bullet. I think it was another person participating in the initiation. Maybe I'm wrong, the article didn't say specifically.

Still tragically, stupidly, amusing though. People that can't use a weapon responsibly shouldn't have them.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Just a guess based on a stereotype, but I somehow doubt any of these guys ever had Newtonian physics as a strong suit in skkkool.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
Bravo! *clap* *clap* *clap*

Went up then came down? No **** Sherlock!

I've always wondered what happenend to the bullets, in those old western movies, when they crossed the town firing wildly and repetitively at the sky.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
You always see scenes of people shooting guns off into the air as a form of celebration - and you never hear of bullets landing on people.

And then we have one guy shooting randomly into the night....and straight up at that, hitting someone near him....the odds are as staggering as the stupidity.

Act of God?

D :rolleyes:

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
No kidding. Man, even a small caliber pistol (.22) can go as far as a mile up. What are the chances of it going straight up and straight down? Anyone who's ever taken a trig class should know that even the slightest breeze or angle of trajectory can send that bullet off course by half a mile.

I vote act of God. The KKK can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned. Stupid rednecks.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
I would have voted for "Divine Justice," but the cheap bear enhanced "Redneck Stupidity" can -- and does -- make Murphy's Law a near certainty every time.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Why couldn't that have happened with Saddam Hussein, only with more deadly accuracy. I would not really want this to happen to anyone.

You would think that gun owners would know better. I pray that the injured man will be OK.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Originally posted by eyelikeart
What's amazing is that the trajectory of the bullet was accurate enough to come down almost the same angle at which it was shot.

Not if God grabbed one of them. :rolleyes:

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by wdlove
You would think that gun owners would know better.

You would also think that beer or some other alcoholic beverage would have been in play at the same time as the shooting....that effectively negates your assumption above ;)

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.