PDA

View Full Version : Accessing videos in Time Machine

iZiv
May 24, 2008, 11:09 AM
I have videos saved both to my internal and external hard drives. The external hard drive is being used as time machine.

I was told that editing with Final Cut using videos on my internal hard drive is not good for the computer. What I would like to do is access the videos from the external hard drive and then save them to my internal hard drive.

Saving to the internal hard drive seems easy to me. I made the internal hard drive the scratch drive but how do I access the videos off of my external (time machine) hard drive?

Thanks for any help.

mreg376
May 24, 2008, 03:08 PM
I have videos saved both to my internal and external hard drives. The external hard drive is being used as time machine.

I was told that editing with Final Cut using videos on my internal hard drive is not good for the computer. What I would like to do is access the videos from the external hard drive and then save them to my internal hard drive.

Saving to the internal hard drive seems easy to me. I made the internal hard drive the scratch drive but how do I access the videos off of my external (time machine) hard drive?

Thanks for any help.

Not good for the computer? Whoever told you that is an idiot.

Icaras
May 24, 2008, 03:19 PM
Not good for the computer? Whoever told you that is an idiot.

Ditto that, lol.

Its also one thing to work with media from an external hard drive, but on the Time machine? Just....don't.