Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drew830

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2008
I'm a newbie to ipod and to this forum (been reading threads for the past week or so) trying to decide between the ipod classic or the touch and decided tonight to purchase the ipod touch. I had a few concerns about the touch that I hope you can answer for me. Has anyone one notice a significant difference in the battery life between the 32gb vs the lower capacity units?
I read an article today that mentioned a difference. Not sure if if due to a firmware upgrade or something else. I figure if it's firmware then everyone should be reaping the benefits, right. Anyway, I'd appreciate your feedback. If the battery is really bad, I'm exchanging it for the ipod classic.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
To be honest, I haven't noticed anything between my 16 and 32.. not saying there isn't any loss but if there is, you won't notice it.

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
Because flash has no moving parts, it shouldn't matter.

Actually, the only battery life reduction I can think of in an iPod is having a 4200RPM versus a 5400RPM hard drive.

Drew830

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2008
thanks for the reply so, I'm guessing you guys are getting pretty decent a battery life. That's good news.

sandman42

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2003
Seattle
My first iPod was a 40Gb 4G, then I got a current-gen nano, and finally a 32Gb Touch. With each device the battery life just gets better and better. Frankly, especially compared to earlier devices, I'm amazed at the life of the 32Gb Touch. The thing just goes and goes. They claim "up to 22 hours" (or something like that) for music playback (meaning if that's all you use it for), and I can believe it. Even using it for video playback it goes for hours and hours. I have no way of comparing it to a 16Gb, but in my opinion 'battery life' is so good as to be a non-issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.