PDA

View Full Version : PCS Phone Handspring Treo 600 - $249 with Activation

MacBytes
Nov 25, 2003, 03:54 PM
Category: Deals and Coupons
Link: PCS Phone Handspring Treo 600 - $249 with Activation (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000SX2U2/weeno/)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

Balin64
Nov 25, 2003, 05:01 PM
I may have to dump Sprint as my provider. They still have no timeframe for a Blue Tooth phone, and I really want to use iSync with my mobile. Anyone here have a good suggestion for a BT phone/service?

plinkoman
Nov 25, 2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Balin64
I may have to dump Sprint as my provider. They still have no timeframe for a Blue Tooth phone, and I really want to use iSync with my mobile. Anyone here have a good suggestion for a BT phone/service?

do know that you can put a bluetooth card into the treo, right?

amin
Nov 25, 2003, 05:31 PM
There is reason to believe a Treo 600 w/ built-in BT will be available soon... ;)

imaswitcheryeah
Nov 25, 2003, 05:42 PM
Nice deal, too bad it's Sprint.

kikimus
Nov 25, 2003, 06:25 PM
I love this phone, but I travel extensively, and Sprint's coverage outside of major metro areas is poor.

C'mon Verizon!

BTW, Bluetooth syncing is slowwwww.

I traded my Tungsten C for a T3 just to be able to use BT to sync and it is almost unbearable.

If you are just after a smaller calander and a few phone entries here and there it is not too bad, but if you have to do any program installs, my palm battery is half dead before the sync ends. I have quite a few calander updates, and even without installing programs, my sync at max speed takes over seven minutes, the cable takes less than 45 seconds.

TomSmithMacEd
Nov 25, 2003, 07:23 PM
Sprint is a great service. Why are you all so down on it?

kikimus
Nov 26, 2003, 11:35 AM
I travel all over the country (and world for that matter, but that's a different phone). I suffered with Sprint for a year. I remember being in DC once with it and was amazed at the coverage (inside buildings, on the monuments, etc), then I flew to Asheville, NC, and couldn't get a blip.

Cons
-Poor coverage outside of medium sized metro areas
-Draconian / clueless customer service agents (if you can get one)
-Sky high roaming fees due to few agreements with other carriers.

Pros
-Sexiest phones going
-When it works, clarity is excellent
-Best for high-speed data (assuming you have coverage)

If I never strayed from the same 60 mile radius or so, and Sprint had coverage, I would go with them. I meet very few road warriors that have Sprint unless they are carrying two phones (which some do).

Therefore, if Sprint works for you, go with them. But for national coverage, they are not so great.