PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way to transfer music from Dell to Mac?

CaveManNOhio
May 26, 2008, 04:16 PM
Hello All,

I was just wondering if any one could tell me the easiest way to transfer my Music from my Dell to my new iMac-24. I tried plugging them in together using a Cat5 cable, but they don't seem to want to talk to each other. Could I be doing some thing wrong?
Any help would be great!!
Thank you.

gnasher729
May 26, 2008, 04:25 PM
Hello All,

I was just wondering if any one could tell me the easiest way to transfer my Music from my Dell to my new iMac-24. I tried plugging them in together using a Cat5 cable, but they don't seem to want to talk to each other. Could I be doing some thing wrong?
Any help would be great!!
Thank you.

The easiest way is to take your backup CDs or DVDs, stick them into iMac and use "Add to Library" in iTunes (Turn on "Copy files to iTunes folder when adding to Library" in Preferences/Advanced first).

If you don't have backups, then please, please make a backup. In iTunes, "Back up to disk".

ThomasShaped
May 26, 2008, 04:36 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Or shove them all on an external HD and do the same. It'd save all the burning etc.

ghoztman
May 26, 2008, 04:39 PM
I have PCs and Macs. I use a network attached drive to store the music.