PDA

View Full Version : Running DVD player on Titanium Powerbook in vertical position?

latorquemada
May 26, 2008, 04:59 PM
I'm going on a day long driving trip with my kids later this week and I kludged together a good solution of bungee cords to hold my titanium PB to the back of a seat so I can play movies for them. I got a Sony car inverter that seems to output an appropriate amount of power for the PB. On a test drive around the block with the DVD running, the PB seemed to get pretty hot, but otherwise worked fine. Is there any reason why I shouldn't go ahead with this setup? Anything I'm likely to wreck?

alphaod
May 26, 2008, 06:31 PM
I'm going on a day long driving trip with my kids later this week and I kludged together a good solution of bungee cords to hold my titanium PB to the back of a seat so I can play movies for them. I got a Sony car inverter that seems to output an appropriate amount of power for the PB. On a test drive around the block with the DVD running, the PB seemed to get pretty hot, but otherwise worked fine. Is there any reason why I shouldn't go ahead with this setup? Anything I'm likely to wreck?

I think I know what you are talking about and I would not recommend it; the cord may break or if you hit pothole, that computer goes bye-bye.

latorquemada
May 26, 2008, 06:45 PM
Thanks -- I'm not worried about the stability of my kludge. I'm using a total of 6 bungee cords, three vertically up the back, then a fourth cord threaded through those and wrapped around the headrest posts, and then two more around it horizontally holding it very tight to the seat.

I'm really more interested in any reason operating the DVD drive vertically instead of flat would cause strain on it.