PDA

View Full Version : Macs and MacRumors

Mr. Anderson
May 10, 2002, 03:43 PM
After watching some of the events today unfold, specifically the silliness with SpyMac, I believe its time for a little MacRumors Flag waving and Anthem singing and such (well, we don't have a song, but that's not the point).

I've been coming here for a while, not as long as some, but I'm really enjoying the community, the talk, the speculation, the banter, everything. Arn has created a very cool and respected Mac rumors site and now its becoming so much more. We're even talking about, and it seems like it will come to pass, having a GeekFest, 1st Annual MacRumors reunion!:D

Three cheers for MacRumors and Arn!

Ensign Paris
May 10, 2002, 03:48 PM
I agree, I have monitored the SpyMac forums for a while, looking for anything interesting, they rarely have much that is there content. They want to have a good community but they seem to have a few core posters (like this one does) and other people who "FLAME" all the others!

I think we probably have the most developed and the best mac rumors community on the web :)

Anyone interested in a MacRumors Fest at the London Expo (November, BDC)

Ensign

BeerDrinker29
May 10, 2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Ensign Paris
I agree, I have monitored the SpyMac forums for a while, looking for anything interesting, they rarely have much that is there content. They want to have a good community but they seem to have a few core posters (like this one does) and other people who "FLAME" all the others!

I think we probably have the most developed and the best mac rumors community on the web :)

Anyone interested in a MacRumors Fest at the London Expo (November, BDC)

Ensign

hey, let's be careful.. Right here was a pointless mini insult to Spymac.. It didn't add anything to your message.

arn
May 10, 2002, 03:55 PM
heh...

Thanks for the support... and I know you guys like the community... as do I. I think part of the spark in controversy was the "me vs them" attitude....

Let's keep it civil...there's room for everyone...

arn

teabgs
May 10, 2002, 04:00 PM
I agree that this one of if not the best Mac rumor site. the reason I registered here and post so much is because of the community and how good it is compared to others. Apple insider used to be really good, but its just forums now, and I like macminute, and mosr, but their not as up to date with things as Macrumors is.

Lots of little and very interesting things get past the other sites but it ALL is posted here.
Kudos to Arn and Blakespot! Keep up the good work!

BTW one day, when I have moeny I will be a contributor. As it stands I can just afford to eat. :(

Mr. Anderson
May 10, 2002, 04:01 PM
This wasn't supposed to be another running commentary on the issues associated with SpyMac, its supposed to be about supporting/appreciating MacRumors. I guess I shouldn't have put SpyMac in my opening, but anyway,
I'm damn glad to be here!

Ensign Paris
May 10, 2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by BeerDrinker29

hey, let's be careful.. Right here was a pointless mini insult to Spymac.. It didn't add anything to your message.

I didn't mean to insult them, its just the impression I get from them, the boss (AtariST)seems to be a nice guy, I am just not a fan and it makes be kind of mean to them :)

Ensign

BeerDrinker29
May 10, 2002, 04:34 PM
Here here! Cheers for Macrumors. It does it role rather nicely. Like Arn said, there's room for everyone.

I'm a proud Mac owner this afternoon.

jelloshotsrule
May 10, 2002, 04:43 PM
well i'm posting this message from the tysons corner apple store, per back 2 da mac's request. sorry i wasn't able to meet my stalker at the clarendon store... but maybe next time. ha

just goes to show though, look which site i come to from the store... whoo. yeah. booyah. macrumors. great... i hope i can find out how to log out now... ha.

alex_ant
May 10, 2002, 04:49 PM
Let me just say that I hate you all, and I hope that wherever you decide to hold your Macrumors geekfest, it will be located as far away from me as possible. I see enough acne having to walk through the U of MN EE/CSci building every day, and I really don't need to see any more. Thank you very much. :)

Ensign Paris
May 10, 2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by alex_ant
Let me just say that I hate you all, and I hope that wherever you decide to hold your Macrumors geekfest, it will be located as far away from me as possible. I see enough acne having to walk through the U of MN EE/CSci building every day, and I really don't need to see any more. Thank you very much. :)

oh nice, so then, is there going to be a UK fest?

Ensign

3rdpath
May 10, 2002, 05:28 PM

face acne or butt acne? oh, i think i know:)

Mr. Anderson
May 10, 2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by 3rdpath

face acne or butt acne? oh, i think i know:) http://www.dukestreet.com/AS/bouncy1.gif

Ok, 3rdpath, simple request:

Please do not use the animated gifs from my site, my bandwidth will go through the roof. Its going to be bad enough with the ones that I'll post. Put them on your site and download them from there, I'll email them all to you if you'd like. Thankyou,

D

3rdpath
May 10, 2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet

Ok, 3rdpath, simple request:

Please do not use the animated gifs from my site, my bandwidth will go through the roof. Its going to be bad enough with the ones that I'll post. Put them on your site and download them from there, I'll email them all to you if you'd like. Thankyou,

D

consider it done. sorry for the inconvenience, no harm meant.

d

buffsldr
May 10, 2002, 08:20 PM

Yo, Alex. I am going to be in Minneapolis this weekend, and plan on swooping by the Mac store (its the only one i have ever been to). I will try to disguise my acne for your sake.

Thanks

Beej
May 10, 2002, 08:46 PM
MacRumors goes off like a frog in a sock.

Not much more I can add to that, really...

cb911
May 11, 2002, 05:13 PM
Macrumors must be good! of all the time i'm on the net, i spend about 70% of it here in Macrumors, and i don't even have a Mac yet!:)

arn
May 11, 2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by cb911
Macrumors must be good! of all the time i'm on the net, i spend about 70% of it here in Macrumors, and i don't even have a Mac yet!:)

heh :)

Imagine how much time you'll spend here when u do have a Mac...

arn