PDA

View Full Version : Mac ibook g4

mathewchris
May 28, 2008, 04:37 AM
Hello All ,

Wanted some advice on Mac ibook G4 , My friend is got one which he bought a year back and i was wondering if it is possible to do 3ds max or maya or for that matter if it is good enough to do any graphic softwares...........

tanx

mat:apple:

remmy
May 28, 2008, 08:30 AM
Nope no chance.

Photoshop and illustrator worked well, I used it for all the time I was at college plus two years after. But I found the screen is too small and it was too slow when working with big files. Now everything is going to be intel based anyway.

brn2ski00
May 28, 2008, 08:31 AM
Agreed. I have an iBook G4 and would definitely not subject that little b*tch to anything that GPU instensive. LOL

mathewchris
May 29, 2008, 06:51 AM
hey ,

tanx a lot for the advice...........which version from the mac is good to do 3d graphics

cheers
rt

brn2ski00
May 29, 2008, 08:08 AM
hey ,

tanx a lot for the advice...........which version from the mac is good to do 3d graphics

cheers
rt

I would say your best bet is something with a dedicated GPU, i.e. MBP, iMac, etc...

However, I did use my PB G4 1.33 to do some OpenGL programming in college.

LouisBlack
May 29, 2008, 08:17 AM
I would say your best bet is something with a dedicated GPU, i.e. MBP, iMac, etc...

Well, the iBook did have a dedicated GPU, but it still wouldn't be appropriate for intensive 3D work. But yes, I agree on either a MBP or an iMac. An iMac would be the cheapest.