Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ki2594

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
Carmel, IN.
I got my apple keyboard now so i finally can do desktop mode. Just wanted to know 2 things.
1-do i have to keep the charger on?
2- how do i put the laptop to sleep when in desktop mode?
Thanks!

cyclingplatypus

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Earth
I believe yes you do have to keep the charger on, I think I remember once me unplugging it and it cutting the display off.

To put it to sleep go up to the little Apple in the upper left, click on it, and scroll on down to Sleep.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
can i put it to sleep by using the keyboard somehow? Just wondering...cuz i like using shorcuts

"cmd+option+eject" or close the lid to put it to sleep. dont press "cmd+ctrl+eject" or "cmd+option+ctrl+eject" as that is restart and shutdown respectively. theres also "ctrl+shift+eject" which turns your display off in Leopard.

cyclingplatypus

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Earth
"cmd+option+eject" or close the lid to put it to sleep. dont press "cmd+ctrl+eject" or "cmd+option+ctrl+eject" as that is restart and shutdown respectively. theres also "ctrl+shift+eject" which turns your display off in Leopard.

I stand corrected and that is a superb hint, Thank You! :D

ki2594

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
Carmel, IN.

hey thanks...big help...i knew there was some way to do it...thanks again!:D

ki2594

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
Carmel, IN.
BTW is there any possible way i can run desktop mode on the battery. Cuz if you boot up without the magsafe in desktop mode it works but once u put it to sleep...u cant go back in desktop mode without the magsafe connected?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.